Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:15:13 PM EDT
LW makes a bolt called the ABC bolt touted as overcoming the many or all of the difficulties that the M4 experiences  and generally increasing reliability.  

Are they as good as they say they are?  

Are they worth the money?

Are they the best or are their other bolt assemblies/bolt upgrades that are as good/better?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not the ABC, it's the ACB Advanced Combat Bolt

Tag for later

Weazer
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
too early to tell

Many have offered up "better mousetraps" when it comes to bolts - including LBC, LMT, and others.

The LMT (I think on right)

For my modest use, the MPC tested bolts are more  than enough.

I long for the day they are not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
There are specific enhancements that are SUPPOSED to make it "better" like the dual extractor spring set up, larger extractor surface area holding the brass, stress relieving cuts in the lugs etc.  There are specific design improvements over the LMT unit but the ACB bolt has not been proven since it has just entered public consumption.  Initial reports eem good but most of the bolt owners I have talked to are using them in LW piston guns and the bolt was designed for the shortcomings of DI guns.  Even PLW will tell you its overkill for a SSP driven rifle. The bolt is supposed to last through 2 barrels lives... I bought one but it was more to test something new than because I had a problem with previous bolts.  I had never had an issue with the Bushmaster and Colt M16bolt/carrier set ups I used previously.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top