Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:15:13 PM EDT
LW makes a bolt called the ABC bolt touted as overcoming the many or all of the difficulties that the M4 experiences and generally increasing reliability.

Are they as good as they say they are?

Are they worth the money?

Are they the best or are their other bolt assemblies/bolt upgrades that are as good/better?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:54:39 PM EDT
It's not the ABC, it's the ACB Advanced Combat Bolt

Tag for later

Weazer
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:04:23 PM EDT
too early to tell

Many have offered up "better mousetraps" when it comes to bolts - including LBC, LMT, and others.

The LMT (I think on right)

For my modest use, the MPC tested bolts are more than enough.

I long for the day they are not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:45:20 AM EDT
There are specific enhancements that are SUPPOSED to make it "better" like the dual extractor spring set up, larger extractor surface area holding the brass, stress relieving cuts in the lugs etc. There are specific design improvements over the LMT unit but the ACB bolt has not been proven since it has just entered public consumption. Initial reports eem good but most of the bolt owners I have talked to are using them in LW piston guns and the bolt was designed for the shortcomings of DI guns. Even PLW will tell you its overkill for a SSP driven rifle. The bolt is supposed to last through 2 barrels lives... I bought one but it was more to test something new than because I had a problem with previous bolts. I had never had an issue with the Bushmaster and Colt M16bolt/carrier set ups I used previously.
Top Top