Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 9:05:08 PM EDT
Hey guys,  does anybody know what serial #'s for colt was before the clinton ban?  I have a colt target model and it has a 20" govt' style barrel.  It has the normal flash suppresser but no bayonett lug.  Should I call colt?  Is there a book I can look it up in so on and so on.  Does anybody else have this combo?  I'm confused and I asked a local gun shop owner and he said I better be careful, it may be an illegal gun.  Regardless of how I feel about the law, I don't want to give someone a reason to yank it from me if it's illegal and I'm in the woods with it or something like that.  You know?  If it is, I'll just take it off I guess.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a ton!  It seems mine is a pre ban.  wooo hooooo!  I guess it doesn't have a bayonett lug because it's a sporter target model.  Regardless, I like it the way it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top