Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:22:49 AM EDT
play from side to side when the rifle is together. I know movement between the lower & upper is normal but why does it seem that the front pivot pin is always the culprit. I know they make accu-wedges for the rear takedown but the play doesn't bother me. It just seems to me that the front pivot pin usually causes the play, not the rear takedown.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it the lower or upper that causes play from side to side when the rifle is together?

It could very will be either one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
play from side to side when the rifle is together. I know movement between the lower & upper is normal but why does it seem that the front pivot pin is always the culprit. I know they make accu-wedges for the rear takedown but the play doesn't bother me. It just seems to me that the front pivot pin usually causes the play, not the rear takedown.

there is always play owing to the front takedown pin. as the front takedown pin is the fulcrum,if you will,or the pivot point,the accuwedge serves to shim in/tighten up the other of the two anchor points (the rear takedown pin).i know that's a really horrible explanation,but it's as close as i can get to an explanation.lol.hope it helps,somewhat
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply guys. You learn something everyday on here!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top