User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 11:04:19 AM EDT
Is RemOil Ok to use in my AR15?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Rem oil/CLP is the same used as the current mil spec lube for the M-16 rifle.  BreakfreeCLP used to be the military supplier, but was beat out by the new supplier.

P.S. REM oil is just repackaged Mil-spec CLP. It's a little thinner than Breakfree, but works just fine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Dano, you da man!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
i have used remoil for years and it has done a good job.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rem oil/CLP is the same used as the current mil spec lube for the M-16 rifle.  BreakfreeCLP used to be the military supplier, but was beat out by the new supplier.

P.S. REM oil is just repackaged Mil-spec CLP. It's a little thinner than Breakfree, but works just fine.
View Quote

It is not the same.  Somewhat similar but definately not the same.  I like RemOil for mild cleaning and getting rid of rust but otherwise I use FP10 for lube.  

Watch out for the aerosol cans.  A brand new can that I had exploded without warning and for no reason.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
if rem-oil is what our boys are using on their rifles no wonder the 507th's weapons malfed. I find remoil to be useless as a lube. its too thin to stay put it runs everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Watch out for the aerosol cans.  A brand new can that I had exploded without warning and for no reason.
View Quote

That would be quite a mess i would imagine!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It's pretty good stuff.....I have used it on all my firearms for a few years and find it does a good job.

I'm sure there is better......
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Does Remington still market the Nitro CLP?
I have not seen it in the catalog or on the website in a long time.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be quite a mess i would imagine!!
View Quote

It was a mess!!!  I think it was just fluke but I still don't buy the aerosol cans!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
NitroCLP is the same as the new issue CLP. Ordinary RemOil is not, and is too thin for my liking.  Would use Outers TriLube before plain RemOil.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top