Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:46:32 AM EDT
Hung around here for a long time, but have posted only in the ads. Not sure which forum to ask this in but here goes. Anyone know if Colt is manufacturing and shipping civilian AR's right now? Reason I'm asking is, a while back a friend gave me his Colt Hbar to look at. He couldn't get his scope sighted in (first time he scoped it), ran out of elevation adjustment on the scope. Knew the scope was alright because I'd sold it to him and I hadn't had any problems with it. So I looked at it, and found the hole in the carry handle was drilled off center about a 1/4". Of course you know what that would do to try to get the mount in there straight! Anyway I sent it back to Colt, they got it July 15, they sent me a letter telling me they would replace the upper. Sent a Bushmaster back the same day to get a bbl replaced on it. Got it back 4 weeks ago, still no Colt. I called yesterday and was told they didn't have any receivers, that they were all going to the military. Now if they're supplying the military I have no problem with waiting. Our troops need all the equipment they can get. But, being a little skeptical sometimes, I was wondering if anyone knew of any distributers/dealers out there that might have gotten any shipments in recently. Just wondering if this is the truth or just an excuse for taking so long. Especially since this is a factory screwup and they're not getting paid for it. Thanks Greg  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got off the phone with Colt and they said possible AR-15 marked rifles to be produced for civilians! However all new rifles will come without a lug because "all tooling is currently not set up for lugs and some states ban them." Oh well at least possibility of a stripped lower marked "AR-15"! Official statement to be released Monday!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Colt produces rifles for Civilians - visit their website to check out the models they offer.  The best IMHO is the 6400C which is a post ban version of the M4.  It will be interesting to see of they add 'pre-ban' features to it after Monday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard through the grapevine that colt is running a whole bunch of 6.8
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses! However, I think you're all missing my point. I know Colt makes civilian models, but I was curious if they have a hold on civilian distribution because they're using the parts for the military. If someone can tell me that  "ABC" wholesaler/dealer just got a shipment in, then Colts just feeding me a line of BULL. All I need is a new upper replacement for their screw up. Would like to know if what they say is true or not. Thanks again. Greg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top