Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2008 11:28:34 AM EDT
I've been saving Berdan primed NATO brass for a friend who reloads but folks are telling me that it is not reloadable.  But I often see manufacturers advertising that Berdan primed brass is reloadable.  What is the answer?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
It is, but it is seldom worth the effort.  Finding berdan primers is tough, getting the old primers out presents challenges... all in all, most people don't find it worth while.  

I have bags off the stuff that I intend to take to the recycler one of these days to get what I can for it.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I would stay away from it.  I accidentally picked up some berdan primed cases I had shot and got them mixed in with my boxer primed stuff.  Snapped my depriming pin and bent the rod on the resizing die.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It is but you need special tools to do so, it takes 10x as long to do it as boxer brass.  Not worth the effort IMHO.  But there are those few that will try anything... including loading steel cases again...
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Technically yes, if you can find berdan primers, which is almost impossible.  Sell the brass for for scrap.  If you have large quanity IM me I know someone who might be interessted in it, been sending him my berdan cases whenever I get a flat rate box full just for cost of postage.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top