Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 10:12:45 AM EDT
How many people have you introduced to shooting this year?

I've had the pleasure of taking two friends for the first time this summer. Neither of them had ever shot anything more powerful than a BB gun. A couple of summers ago I took my best friend up to shoot my first AR-15 (that I've since sold ). He'd never shot anything more powerful than a BSA .22. In a month or two I'm going to take another friend for his first time.

I love it. It's just awesome to take someone out for the first time, they get this dumb grin on their face while they're shooting and it doesn't go away until long after you're done. It's almost a religious experience.

I'm also proud to say that all of the guys I've taken so far have displayed good to excellent handling skills.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Four. Three friends and a coworker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
i take friends and co-workers to the range when ever i can.
most of them are in the service, but, depending on what service your in
even though you carry a weapon on duty or qual with it Once a yr
its fun to let them shoot in a free enviroment, but still have some discipline.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know if this counts or not … but One … Myself. And now I'm totally hooked.

I was always interested in guns when I was a kid, but pretty much grew up in a non-gun household and once I got out and on my own never really thought about it (I'm in my 30's now). Anyway over the past year I talked to more and more people about shooting, and last week I finally said "F" it … and stopped into a local range (recommended by a couple Arfcommers in the hometown forums) to ask some questions … Before I knew it they'd given me the basics and got me all set up with a pretty basic .22 pistol and turned me loose. Had a blast that first day, and wanted to go right back and try something bigger ... Just yesterday I went again and tried a 9mm which I liked even more. I've always had an interest in the AR and my next trip I plan on trying one of those out (they have several different types at this place).

I'm going to wait until I get a little more educated to run out and buy my own black rifle, but I can definitely see it in my future … I'm planning on taking the NRA Personal Protection course first and will go from there. This forum has been a great resource of info for a beginner like myself (particularly on many of the legalities which I was largely ignorant of up until a few months ago). So I definitely owe the Arfcom my thanks for infecting me with this new addiction. Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top