Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:00:19 AM EDT
I recently bought an upper that had no forward assist.  I have the parts in hand and here is what it looks like I need to do.

Insert the FA with the spring into the hole, with the claw facing the notch-marks on the bolt

depress FA all the way forward

tap the roll pin in

Is this the correct procedure?  Thanks in advance for the advice on this

Howard
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a winner!

when depressed pop that pin in and your done!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It's been a while since I installed one, but it seems like there's a notch for the roll pin in the center of the forward assist itself, and you just press it in halfway, then drive the pin in. You'll know it by looking at it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My forward assist seems "sticky". If you gently tug on it and then use it, there will be some initial resistance as it breaks free.

What's wrong?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My forward assist seems "sticky". If you gently tug on it and then use it, there will be some initial resistance as it breaks free.

What's wrong?

IT is probably dirty.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong?

IT is probably dirty.

+1

I've installed 4 or 5 that came from Brownells.. they had a real sticky grease icky grease on them. Dunked them in all in Ed's Red for 10 mins and wiped down with CLP fixed that..
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I pulled mine out and cleaned it with CLP, it's a little better but if I tug on the FA it still "sticks" a little.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top