Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 7:05:09 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knows about the Indian produced nato 308 that's available now?  Prices aren't bad and unless they have caused problems, I think I'm going to get a case to run through my M1a.  

Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
General consensus is the stuff really really sucks.  The Australian is currently considered the best stuff out now.  I just picked up 800rds at a gun show for 139/k.

Here is the last thread on the stuff:
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=174577&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Now why would you go and do such a nasty thing to your M1A?  I hear a full can of Indian makes a good wheel chock!  Now that Ausie stuff mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good.

MM
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice, I'm sure you saved me more than some $$!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The Indian stuff is so bad is to be dangerous.  Anyone selling and anyone that has sold it in the past should hide their head in shame.   it is explosive garbage.

There is good stuff out there.  Buy the SA, Port, or Aussie stuff.  Our club was able to pick up a large amount of the Port and we love it.  Very good quality and groups as well as any battle ammo we have ever used.  The Mil. Surp. supply of 5.56 has dried up, but the 7.62 is still out there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/_308.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
That Indian stuff is bad news.  I had a round fire out of battery in my M1A.  Afterwards, I ran the remaining ammo thru a dillon cartridge gauge and found about 15% had excess headspace.

BTW, the CMP is selling brand new 2003 production 7.62x51 with a LC stamp.  Looks just like xm193 but bigger.  An 800 round case is about $180 delivered to your door.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Indian=NFW!   The Aussie as you know is great stuff and now that Aim has Port back in stock you have 2 great choices.  Stay far away from the Indian it's bad mojo no matter how you slice it!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top