Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:49:54 PM EDT
I just read in my Book of the AR15 mag that the ML2 has an off setting and that the M2 is never off, the first three settings are for night vision.  Will the red dot ever burn out?  What is the Aimpoint warranty?  I thought I read on here it was lifetime, but I think their website said 10 years??

Bryan
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My test thus far has been to leave my M2's on at least the 5th click setting.

Three years now with no problems.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If it does they will replace it right?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of a dot burning out. Batteries yes, dots that won't show up because the thing has been beat silly, but nary a burned out dot.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a brand-new ML2 and a slightly used ML2. When both are turned on in equal increments the older ML2 takes more steps to get to a visible level verses the newer ML2. I always wondered if this was because the optic was left on constantly.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top