Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2011 2:08:12 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong it is plenty clear enough for the intended range.  I have seen many scopes though in the $500 range that are clearer.  That surprised me I guess because scopes are much more complicated so I would expect a simple magnifier of the same price to be equally clear or clearer.  I guess I am also paying for the built in ARMS mount and the name though.  

Still worth every penny to me.  I just figured the glass would be better.  I got it at miday usa.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't impressed with the clearness or lack thereof with the eotech magnifier myself. I thought the PA one was just as good at a fraction of the price.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wasn't impressed with the clearness or lack thereof with the eotech magnifier myself. I thought the PA one was just as good at a fraction of the price.

Maybe just as clear but with a crappy eye relief and much more sensitive to your head positioning.  I've played with some of the knockoff magnifiers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
arent they both ~2" of eye relief?
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
arent they both ~2" of eye relief?

That may be possible.  The clones  I have handled required you to be much closer.  That and if you barely tilt to the side they go dark.  The real deal is more forgiving.  The clones work for what they are but there are clearly advantages to the real deal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Besides cosmetic looks, are the generation 2 Eotech 3X magnifiers any different from the first model magnifiers? I am about to buy one and was debating which to get....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the difference is the adjustment for the reticle position is built into the 2nd gen's- not in the mount.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, the difference is the adjustment for the reticle position is built into the 2nd gen's- not in the mount.

Uh, What?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Gen 2 magnifier can adjust where the dot shows up in the glass ie top left bottom center etc. Purely asthetic does not affect the zero. Gen 1 has it in the actuall mount instead of the magnifier. Gen 2 has like .5 " more eye relief.

If your looking at the 4x square looking magnifier it is generally considered higher quality than the newer gen 2 magnifier. I think the gen 2 3x is nicer than gen 1 3x.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top