Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 11:11:57 PM EDT
I am picking up the LMT Piston Ar and wanted to see if any  of you guys have it and what your thoughts are . Another question i have is I know the LMT Full Auto BCG is a little bit more weight on it over the Semi Auto version .  I plan on using a Vltor A5 Buffer system on this rifle do you think it would be any more of an upgrade to get a Full Auto BCG as well.  

Thank you,
Jason
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
LMT's are more than fine. They just aren't the flavor of the month. There are many threads in the Archives discussing them. A full shroud AR Bolt Carrier ~ 7/10 of an ounce lighter than an M16 Bolt Carrier. If the price difference is negligible, go with the M16 Bolt Carrier.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one it boring reliable and use it often.  I would shoot it first before any upgrades too see if you really need it.  I was going to do a bunch of upgrades to mine but, it shot so well I kept it as it was. Now that extra money saved goes to ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
LMT makes one of the best piston systems available....very good quality stuff.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LMT's are more than fine. They just aren't the flavor of the month. .
View Quote

This.
For quite awhile they were talked about equally as much as LWRC.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a LMT MRP and love it.  It is one tough rifle and has been a companion through many competitions, classes, and range sessions.  Outstanding gear.

I also like my LWRC and my PWS.  Any of the big three piston boys are great buys.

LWRC - Six8 UCIW

PWS MK110Mod1
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one... It was amazingly reliable, excellent fit and finish and very accurate.  I only sold it because I didn't really like the way it felt in my hands as compared to a PWS.  That's just a personal preference, however.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one and it was less reliable than the DI version I had. I eventually sold both uppers and opted for the much lighter DDMk18 upper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one the fit and finish is excellent. It's run flawlessly and there customer service is top notch.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top