Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 10:11:57 PM EST
I am picking up the LMT Piston Ar and wanted to see if any of you guys have it and what your thoughts are . Another question i have is I know the LMT Full Auto BCG is a little bit more weight on it over the Semi Auto version . I plan on using a Vltor A5 Buffer system on this rifle do you think it would be any more of an upgrade to get a Full Auto BCG as well.

Thank you,
Jason
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:48:51 PM EST
LMT's are more than fine. They just aren't the flavor of the month. There are many threads in the Archives discussing them. A full shroud AR Bolt Carrier ~ 7/10 of an ounce lighter than an M16 Bolt Carrier. If the price difference is negligible, go with the M16 Bolt Carrier.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:50:52 AM EST
I have one it boring reliable and use it often. I would shoot it first before any upgrades too see if you really need it. I was going to do a bunch of upgrades to mine but, it shot so well I kept it as it was. Now that extra money saved goes to ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:24:02 AM EST
LMT makes one of the best piston systems available....very good quality stuff.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:15:31 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RedFalconBill:
LMT's are more than fine. They just aren't the flavor of the month. .
View Quote

This.
For quite awhile they were talked about equally as much as LWRC.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:08:30 PM EST
I have a LMT MRP and love it. It is one tough rifle and has been a companion through many competitions, classes, and range sessions. Outstanding gear.

I also like my LWRC and my PWS. Any of the big three piston boys are great buys.

LWRC - Six8 UCIW

PWS MK110Mod1
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:51:12 AM EST
I had one... It was amazingly reliable, excellent fit and finish and very accurate. I only sold it because I didn't really like the way it felt in my hands as compared to a PWS. That's just a personal preference, however.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:29:39 AM EST
I had one and it was less reliable than the DI version I had. I eventually sold both uppers and opted for the much lighter DDMk18 upper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:45:39 PM EST
I have one the fit and finish is excellent. It's run flawlessly and there customer service is top notch.
Top Top