Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:50:07 PM EDT
I am new to the AR scene and also new to this forum I must say this looks like an excellent forum. My question is I cannot afford to buy a colt or bushmaster AR so I will build one. A friend suggested model 1 parts. Any input on their quality? I understand that my AR will have no resale value as compared to factory AR's so it will be a range/fun rifle for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
try checking out cmmg in the industry forum and visiting their website. as long as your not stuck on building a colt or a bushmaster. They carry DPMS and i have nothing but good things to say about there products. Check them out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
even a Rock River lower is cheaper than a bushie. If you just want a shooter, get one of the lower priced lowers (Mega, Stinger, Stag, etc) and save yourself some more money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No I am not stuck on those brands because like I said I am very limited on funds in fact I was thinking about just ordering uppers, lowers etc as I could afford to. Thank you I will check that out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Mega? Stinger? Stag are these other manufacturers of lowers?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok I feel stupid I found them in the industry section thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mega? Stinger? Stag are these other manufacturers of lowers?

Yes.  Do some reading in here and AR discussions.

Model 1 sales is fine for buiding your first AR.  Many many people here use M1S "kits" which is everything you need, then just find a good cheap lower from a dealer here, and find a local FFL near you to transfer it for you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow thanks for the quick replies that was fast It will take me a while but I will let you all know how my project turns out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
test
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top