Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 12:53:59 PM EDT
I got a RR upper off the EE that has a FF tube installed. It was special ordered without the swivel stud. I want to put a stud on it so I can mount a harris bipod on it. Do I have to remove the gas block to get the tube off? Is this easy? Would it be hard to tap the alum hanguard to put the swivel stud on. Any advise is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:38:29 PM EDT
You need something like this:


Aluminum is too soft to just tap and screw in a stud. This gives you a backplate inside the tube to screw into. I used one of these on my FF HBAR Service Rifle.
Top Top