Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 12:28:41 PM EDT
I will be giving a speech to my class about the uselessness of the AWB. I would like to uses pics of small people firing ARs and muzzle flash.

Thanks,
Ants
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You are giving a speech about the uselessness of the AWB and you are concentrating on stocks and FS/ muzzle flash?  Why not explain that it didn't provide a decrease in crime?  Why not explain that it is an infringement on the RKBA?  Why would you concentrate on what most liberals think of as a "loophole"?  I'm sorry, but you aren't going to win anyones hearts and minds by that route.  Please reconsider how you are going to give your speech.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, on the VPC website there used to be two good points of contradictory stupidity that I loved to talk about to my anti-gun freinds.

- There were their "studies" that showed how the ban has stopped so much crime, solved domestic violence, ended the Isreal/Palistine conflict, and cured teenage acne.

- On the same site they then go on and on about how Bushmaster and other companies are producing more "slightly modified" (post ban) rifles than ever before.

How these can be on the same website without someone noticing that they are totally contradicting arguments is beyond my understanding.

Tex78
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
double post
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a great one with a kid posted here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=201816
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You are giving a speech about the uselessness of the AWB and you are concentrating on stocks and FS/ muzzle flash?  Why not explain that it didn't provide a decrease in crime?  Why not explain that it is an infringement on the RKBA?  Why would you concentrate on what most liberals think of as a "loophole"?  I'm sorry, but you aren't going to win anyones hearts and minds by that route.  Please reconsider how you are going to give your speech.

I don't plan to concentrate on this, just I think it may be suprizing to the class to see what was acually baned for ten years and how colapsing stocks are more egronomic than evil. Also how muzzle flash can blind you when shooting bad guys.

I plan to bore them with statisics, this is why I need the visual aids, so they don't fall asleep. If someone has DOJ stats that would be great. Ideas are also welcome.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top