Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 12:25:19 PM EDT
I got my SBR stamp on the 24th and now I need a case for this little sweetie.

ETA: I'm not really looking for a case to hide the fact that it's a gun, I'm just looking for one of the soft sided rectangular cases which are called Covert/Discreet Rifle cases.

Total length with stock collapsed is 21", so I'm looking for a 22" case

I know that Tac-Force makes one but everyone seem to be backordered on them, I tried Bowers Tactical and they won't have them in till early january, Savvy Survivor has no idea when they will get them.

So what are my other options? Any body know who else might have them in stock? Or another option for a case?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That thing looks like a h00t to shoot.

www.wickedgrips.com/page8.html

How's this for discreet?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
brief case?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
While both of those ideas are cool, I'm not really looking for a Secret Service Solution, just one of those rectangular soft-sided cases that they call discreet or covert cases like this.

But I'm having trouble finding something in stock.

ETA: Yes it is a "Hoot to shoot"
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The briefcase was an interesting idea, so I checked, most briefcases run around 18", but someone might be able to find one a little bigger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an Eagle case for my Uzi, absolutely loved it, great case, might work well for you.

A briefcase might work well in you situation, might check out Good Will, especially now, end of the year donations and all.

If it was a bit longer I’d recommend a sleeve for a folding/collapsible camp chair; I carry an AK like that from time to time, green sleeve says Coleman on the side. The gun gets kinda banged up though, not really any protection for it, just concealment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You need a Tennis Racket case.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had an Eagle case for my Uzi, absolutely loved it, great case, might work well for you.

HMMM, I'll go check their site, I didn't know they made a shorty case.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you try cheaper than dirt?They had 2 or 3 different ones in their last catalog.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, what mutt said.  I got the 25" x 11" UTG by Leapers from Cheaper than Dirt.  That is what I tote my Uzi around in.  They are pretty well padded.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#10]
How about something like this?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/j1911mcd/Posts/AdidasMRPoutside.jpg

Those are cool, but I don't think he's doing any of the 22" models.

Quoted:
Here's  one.  The 22" model is #COC22B

www.shootingsystems.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=COC&Category_Code=SGC

Those are actually really nice. Is Shooting Systems the maker? I've never heard of them and their prices are up there with Eagle and TT. Is the quality the same?

I looked at the UTG cases, and I don't like the extra 3 inches (I never thought I would say that) but I may warm up to them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#13]
how about a laptop bag ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/j1911mcd/Posts/AdidasMRPoutside.jpg

Those are cool, but I don't think he's doing any of the 22" models.

Quoted:
Here's  one.  The 22" model is #COC22B

www.shootingsystems.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=COC&Category_Code=SGC

Those are actually really nice. Is Shooting Systems the maker? I've never heard of them and their prices are up there with Eagle and TT. Is the quality the same?

I looked at the UTG cases, and I don't like the extra 3 inches (I never thought I would say that) but I may warm up to them.

Elite Survival Systems has been in business for 27 years in MO, USA.  Shooting Systems and Assault Systems are their product lines.  I made my first purchase in the early 1980s.  Personally, I think their product quality is higher than Eagle or TT even though both Eagle and TT are good.   Elite Survival Systems  has resellers in Phoenix, Yuma and Sun City, AZ.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
is there any of the current case company's doing a 24 or 26 inch case?

I wish blackhawk would do a 26"

wish....wish..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
is there any of the current case company's doing a 24 or 26 inch case?

I wish blackhawk would do a 26"

wish....wish..

Do you mean a 24" or 26" discreet case?  Elite Survival Systems, "Covert Operations Discreet Carry Cases" come in 16", 22", 26" or 33" lengths.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
to bad you werent at my local gun show with me last week.  they had quite a few of the small discreet cases that would have been perfect for that SBR and they weren't cheesy ones either.

ETA:  Have you had a chance to run it yet and if so how did it do?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
to bad you werent at my local gun show with me last week.  they had quite a few of the small discreet cases that would have been perfect for that SBR and they weren't cheesy ones either.

I ran it last weekend and I am in love with it. It's compact, light, fast on target and I was getting hits out to 100 yards or so very easy.

We set up some targets and ran some El Presidentes with our pistols for fun (A friend had his timer) and just for kicks I ran it with this little bugger.

Now I'm just waiting for my Dealer to get my Gemtech Trinity so I can get the paperwork going on it.

pfft, pfft, pffft.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ran it last weekend and I am in love with it. It's compact, light, fast on target and I was getting hits out to 100 yards or so very easy.

We set up some targets and ran some El Presidentes with our pistols for fun (A friend had his timer) and just for kicks I ran it with this little bugger.

Now I'm just waiting for my Dealer to get my Gemtech Trinity so I can get the paperwork going on it.

pfft, pfft, pffft.....

Glad to hear it runs good, you'll have to post pics when you get the Gemtech

I really like it by the way but it will be even nicer with the gemtech
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

How long did your tax stamp take?  BTW, Scottsdale gun club has the gemtech trinity in stock.  I just bought one on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long did your tax stamp take?  BTW, Scottsdale gun club has the gemtech trinity in stock.  I just bought one on Monday.

It took me a long time because I had an arrest in CA for disturbing the peace back in 1990, but Sheriff Joe wants everything listed and he investigates everything. It took that fucked up state of CA 18 weeks to get my report to MCSO. Jane at the MCSO NFA dept said it was the most trouble she has ever had getting information.

I sent my paperwork in to the BATF on 8/15. My check was cashed on 8/31, at which point they lost my paperwork for 2 months, they had no idea where is was and kept telling me "Don't worry, it's around here somewhere, it will show up". Incompetent fuckers.

Oh, I bought my Trinity from a friend that just got his license, I'm getting a good price.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
airsoft atlanta has some  www.airsoftatlanta.com/tactical.htm

they are a board sponser.

what barrel is that BTW?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
airsoft atlanta has some  www.airsoftatlanta.com/tactical.htm

they are a board sponser.

what barrel is that BTW?

I tried to call them to see if they had it in stock before I ordered (I'm already on backorder with Bowers, I don't want to be again), but they don't seem to want to talk to me, they don't even put me on hold, they just say "Sorry, all our people are busy, please call back" after the third time I said screw them.

The barrel is a TROS 5" 3 lug with a MP5 quick detach FH.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, thats quick.  A good bud at work took 9 months from check to approval, and he has a TS.  Everything went way smoth with Pinal Co.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dude, thats quick.  A good bud at work took 9 months from check to approval, and he has a TS.  Everything went way smoth with Pinal Co.

I gave my papers to Sherrif Joe on April 1st, so start to finish, Cleo to mailbox it was 9 months. If you are just talking BATF time it was 4.5 months.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a 42" Eagle Industries Discreet carrying case and I love it, perhaps you could see if Eagle makes one in a ~22" version.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Here we go:

Eagle Industries discreet carrying cases are available in the following sizes you might be interested in:

22" - eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=68
26" - eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=472
29" - eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=69

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have a 42" Eagle Industries Discreet carrying case and I love it, perhaps you could see if Eagle makes one in a ~22" version.

I went and checked earlier, they do (As you so kindly posted already) it's on my list of choices.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Please dear christ get video of this thing shooting!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#30]
You might think about a smaller version of something like this?  A violin case might work for your short buddy.....took a cheap guitar case and it holds my M4 with suppressor plus several other versions plus has a carry strap and an extra pouch on the outside....i need to add maybe one or two velcro straps to it for completion....

i guess sometimes i have too much idle time on my hands and get ideas and try them out...ymmv...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top