Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:43:26 PM EDT
And the gas tube is a nice blue color.

Any suggestions to keep this from ahppening again?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would send the handguard back to them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
quit buying injection molded junk if you're a fan of mag dumps?

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sunday, August 21, 2005

Most manufactures, to be price competitive, place on their production firearms handguards -forearms that are low in cost, which means low quality without any type of heat shield (single or double).  

I strongly suggest that you simply remove the handguard that “melted” and replace it with a good quality double-heat shield handguard of Colt Manufacture in the $30 to $40 range.  Many are advertised here in this website in the “Equipment Exchange” section.  Handguards of Colt manufacture are designed for high-volume, high-heat military applications and hold up quite well.

Take Care…

MP5 Machinenpistole
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It is double shielded, and it's not an Oly.

Quoted:
Sunday, August 21, 2005

Most manufactures, to be price competitive, place on their production firearms handguards -forearms that are low in cost, which means low quality without any type of heat shield (single or double).  

I strongly suggest that you simply remove the handguard that “melted” and replace it with a good quality double-heat shield handguard of Colt Manufacture in the $30 to $40 range.  Many are advertised here in this website in the “Equipment Exchange” section.  Handguards of Colt manufacture are designed for high-volume, high-heat military applications and hold up quite well.

Take Care…

MP5 Machinenpistole

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
What mfg would it bee?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
quit buying injection molded junk if you're a fan of mag dumps?

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a bushy, Colt and LMT that are melt down free.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
My Cav Arms did the same thing so I got a set of YHM 2 pc and no more problems.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the DPMS glacier guards. They haven't melted yet.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top