Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:29 AM EDT
I am planning to build an exact copy of an 2015 F350 but change the name to driveway hold down device.These driveway hold downers would not need licensed or insured because they would not be ''vehicles'' as they look.

I have an idea for a flyswatter that is an exact copy '' or redesign'' of an M4 rifle.  You could walk through town swatting flies with my swatter and have no fear of threatening anyone with what appears to be a rifle because it is a FLYSWATTER.

I was thinking of teaming up with the______ to see what ideas they have for future ''redesigns of products'' I could ''TRY TO SELL TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT DOES NOT KNOW BETTER''.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am planning to build an exact copy of an 2015 F350 but change the name to driveway hold down device.These driveway hold downers would not need licensed or insured because they would not be ''vehicles'' as they look.

I have an idea for a flyswatter that is an exact copy '' or redesign'' of an M4 rifle.  You could walk through town swatting flies with my swatter and have no fear of threatening anyone with what appears to be a rifle because it is a FLYSWATTER.

I was thinking of teaming up with the______ to see what ideas they have for future ''redesigns of products'' I could ''TRY TO SELL TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT DOES NOT KNOW BETTER''.
View Quote

Wut?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm writing a letter to the BATF to ask about bump firing my AR. I want to make sure it's legal. I'm not sure they're fully aware that I can make it sound like a machine gun (even if I can't hit anything that way).  I'm also curious if my high capacity magazines make it easier for me to turn my AR into a machine gun.  I just want to make sure my "assault rifle" is complete legal and everything I can do to make it a more lethal killing machine is fully legal.  Hopefully hundreds of other folks will follow up with more letters making sure everything is fully legal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't this a tech forum?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
In for the move to GD
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Genius.... Let's overwhelm ATF tech branch with so much complete bullshit it will effectively shut them down. Make those fuckers work overtime responding to inquires.

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Genius.... Let's overwhelm ATF tech branch with so much complete bullshit it will effectively shut them down. Make those fuckers work overtime responding to inquires.

IBTL
View Quote

Because writing letters to the ATF always helps us....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In for the move to GD
View Quote

I inadvertently posted something like this in this forum, they didn't move it to the correct (discussion) forum, they just locked it...
Good luck on the move.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Isn't this a tech forum?
View Quote

Apparently not...not even a humorous forum.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#9]
here's something to think about, sending out letters costs money. paper ink and postage stamps. to me that's one of the reasons they outright said no it's an sbr now. stop asking. sending out 50,000 of the same letters, using up man hours to type them out, and then the actual cost of business meant that it just made more sense to tell those guys to shove it, stop asking.

so yeah, please, go ahead and get bump firing banned too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
here's something to think about, sending out letters costs money. paper ink and postage stamps. to me that's one of the reasons they outright said no it's an sbr now. stop asking. sending out 50,000 of the same letters, using up man hours to type them out, and then the actual cost of business meant that it just made more sense to tell those guys to shove it, stop asking.

so yeah, please, go ahead and get bump firing banned too.
View Quote

I think everyone is taking the wording to mean shouldering a brace is illegal.  That is not really what it says!
I think the main reason for the letter, besides money is to cover their butt from constant online bragging that someone will cross state lines with their ''pistol '' or own a ''pistol'' in states they can not own a SBR. I think that holding the ARM BRACE to your shoulder means little to them, it is the state stuff that the ATF has kinda overridden that they are concerned with and covering their self with the letter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Shooting my AR15 pistol yesterday.

Range master actually informed me I was doing it correctly and the ATF needs to mind their own shit.

No fks given at C2 Tactical in Tempe.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Not GD
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top