Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 12:36:19 PM EDT
I finally got my new M4gery!  Its awesome looking and really fun to shoot.  I shot it for the first time today.  I ended up getting a LCW lower, and a LMT upper.  A local gun shop had the upper, and I thought it looked all right quality-wise, so I bought it.  I got the lower because it's a local company, and I'd rather support them than the big ones.  It also is stamped with my home town, which is kind of cool.  I'm really happy with my recent purchases, and I've already ordered 1000 rounds of ammo, a bag, a sling attachement for the buttstock to lower, and a bunch of mags from jtacsupply.com.  

Does anyone know anything about an LMT upper?  I had never heard of them before I made the impulse buy at the gun shop, but have searched a little, and found some info.  Is it a good quality upper?  Fit and finish look good, and I've completely taken it apart, to get the grease cleaned up, and re oiled it again before I shot it, and it looked pretty good.  Another question I have is what do you guys recommend for ammo, because my upper is a cb 1/7, instead of 1/9.  On my first range trip, it shot 1 1/2" groups at 75 yards, using my knees for elbow rests, with a cheap red dot sight.  I was happy enough with that.  I was using wolf and cheap win white box ammo.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Scott  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes, Fuzz!!

and the LMT upper?

Top tier.

There is a ton of discussion here on them. I have one - a 16" M4 profile and its awesome.

Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
where's the pics?

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry theres no pics yet, I haven't had a chance to access a digital camera yet.  I hopefully will soon.  So does anybody else know anything, either good or bad, about LMT?  I have found a little more info off of their website, but I'd like opinions of people who have actually used or heard if they're good or bad, and what a decent price would be for an upper from them.  I got mine from a local gun shop that was going out of business, so I only paid $220 for it, brand new.

It's a gov M4 profile barrel, chrome lined, 1/7 twist rate, flat top, fixed front sight, 16" with M4 type handguards, and it came with the charge handle and bolt/carrier.  It doesn't have a side sling mount, and it came with a regular flash hider.  Thanks to anyone who can help me know either how much it's worth, or what kind of level of quality it is.  Is it comparable to DPMS, Stag, RRA, Colt, Bushmaster, etc.  Thanks a ton.  Scott
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry theres no pics yet, I haven't had a chance to access a digital camera yet.  I hopefully will soon.  So does anybody else know anything, either good or bad, about LMT?  I have found a little more info off of their website, but I'd like opinions of people who have actually used or heard if they're good or bad, and what a decent price would be for an upper from them.  I got mine from a local gun shop that was going out of business, so I only paid $220 for it, brand new.

It's a gov M4 profile barrel, chrome lined, 1/7 twist rate, flat top, fixed front sight, 16" with M4 type handguards, and it came with the charge handle and bolt/carrier.  It doesn't have a side sling mount, and it came with a regular flash hider.  Thanks to anyone who can help me know either how much it's worth, or what kind of level of quality it is.  Is it comparable to DPMS, Stag, RRA, Colt, Bushmaster, etc.  Thanks a ton.  Scott

for that much.. tell me where and i might drive there myself to buy it. $220? wow
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It was the only one they had.  I didn't even know what it was worth, or anything about the brand, but I could tell a little about the quality, and fit/finish, so I bought it.  I bought a lower at the same time, and I spent $570 on the whole gun, with three brand new mags, USGI with green followers, and a Midwest Ind. BUIS, and a hogue grip.  I thought I got a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear you got an AR. It has very quickly become my weapon of choice, even over my AK.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You got an excellent deal.  The upper alone normally goes for $500+.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
ENJOY, MY Friend
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi DaFuzz,

I got an LMT upper and the lower too. As for how they stand up to Colt, Bushmaster etc. LMT would probably be in 2nd to Colt. And there customer service is top of the line. I bought my upper and lower from some dealers off this forum and I got burnt (Both dealers sold me the upper and lower with NON LMT parts). LMT told me to ship them my rifle and there rebuilding it with 100% LMT parts. I'm sorry but due to political Bull on this forum I can't say the names of the two dealers. As for parts I'd give them a 5 out of 5 too. Now the price has me in shock! I agree with mash-mash, I would drive to your town to buy one at that price. I paid $615 for my upper and $220-250 for the Defender 2000 lower, so yeah you got a HELL of a deal you lucky *&%#. lol Its a great gun from a great company, at a hell of a great deal. Enjoy your rifle and welcome to the forums!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, ogcujo, for the info.  I figured I got a steal, just after shopping all the other brands, and the quality looked good on the shelf.  I just didn't know the extent of the deal I got.  I have another question.  I read in a post to look for parts and misc stuff in the "EE".  Whats that, which part of the forum?  I understand it is "Equip Exchange"?  I might be looking for more gadgets to try, although I'll pretty much keep the gun the way I have it now.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Never mind about the EE, I just found it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#13]
No Prob.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top