Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:48:24 PM EST
Instead I built a Tactcal Rifle Course to try out next sunady at the Rifle Range. What do you think? More fun then punching holes, shoot'n cans etc.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:16:01 PM EST
that is really cool!

i hope your going to be shooting at those targets further away tho... jk

nice job
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:17:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:36:35 PM EST
Mowing sucks! Great job on the target build.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:39:42 PM EST
Definitly looks like more fun than mowing. Looks good
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:51:04 PM EST
Nice work there .
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:53:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 1:55:20 PM EST by tbougie1]
Looking beyond your fence.....AIRSOFT ONLY????????

edit re-read post...hope you are shooting out a little further at your range...like the stage though
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:58:34 PM EST
Looks good. I am building a shooting range and I think I will build a barricade similar to yours. Thanks
At what distance are you going to set this up?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:59:19 PM EST
Ha Ha...you guys are funny! Yeah i guess about 25 yards would be good huh?
I am going to try to get someone to video me shoot'n too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:06:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 2:07:14 PM EST by texjames]
Originally Posted By JPD158:
Looks good. I am building a shooting range and I think I will build a barricade similar to yours. Thanks
At what distance are you going to set this up?

The baricade is made from cheap 3/8th roof sheathing plywood from Lowes...$9.69 and big angle iron about 36 inches long (on ground)
with upright angle iron 1/2 wide sandwitch the plywood with 1/4 inch bolts going through to hold plywood.
target holders are 1x2 tubing that 1x2 wood slips into...angle iron ground pieces. I just welded it all up.
Oh tallest part on my baricade is 6 ft.
The shop is airconditioned...hot as hell outside...

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:31:57 PM EST
they guy who owns the house behind those targets is not going to like your setup as is
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:56:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By Tiglath_Ashur:
that is really cool!

i hope your going to be shooting at those targets further away tho... jk

nice job

there's always one... nice work
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:06:10 PM EST
Great set-up... But you post reminded me that my geass needed mowing....
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:22:03 PM EST
Pretty sweet set-up!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:33:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By cormorantslayer:
Great set-up... But you post reminded me that my geass needed mowing....

+1, that lawn looks terrible..lol.great looking set up..i may just have to duplicate it..
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:54:24 PM EST
From the looks of the yard......you should have mowed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:25:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By JohnRippert:

This case of BRD has severely caused negitively on the homefront.I promised after work tomorrow the yard will get mowed.
Yesterday i built my first upper and got my Predator Pursuit finished...scope here tomorrow but i will have to wait to play with it.
I will be in the doghouse for a long time.Anyway ya know there used to be teenagers that went around knocking on doors to mow, not anymore.
They all playing video games now i guess.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:49:24 PM EST

mow when the ammo is gone. then get more ammo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:59:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By texjames:

This case of BRD has severely caused negitively on the homefront.I promised after work tomorrow the yard will get mowed.
Yesterday i built my first upper and got my Predator Pursuit finished...scope here tomorrow but i will have to wait to play with it.
I will be in the doghouse for a long time.Anyway ya know there used to be teenagers that went around knocking on doors to mow, not anymore.
They all playing video games now i guess.

I cant say much cause I actually pay someone to maintain my lawn..$35.00 a cut every other wknd and about once a month during winter. Wife is on board as long as i'm the one paying..it helps that she likes to get behind the trigger as much as i do..
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:08:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 5:08:59 PM EST by Buck_Naked]
I would put add another cutout on the barricade at ground level... simulate shooting from underneath a barrier such as an automobile, etc... otherwise looks good.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:19:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hitmanxsa:
they guy who owns the house behind those targets is not going to like your setup as is

lol. thats what I first thought. nice setup though. I've been thinking about doing that. no one is at the rifle range at my gun club whenever I go, so I get to shoot and move, but it would be nice to have a barricade and other targets placed out on the range. nice work.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:43:08 AM EST

"Anyway ya know there used to be teenagers that went around knocking on doors to mow, not anymore."

Yeah, I remember doing that myself, back in the day. So many kids are either too lazy, getting too much money from their parents for doing nothing, or both.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:10:22 AM EST
Looks like a hell of alot of fun.

Now go mow your lawn you hippy!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:21:38 AM EST
Have fun, and at least your productive when you choose to pass on mowing! Me, I can more then likely be found laying on the couch saying damn I should have cut the grass. The most productive part out of me is the excuses I make up on why it wasn't a good day to cut the grass! Now go have fun shooting the hell out of those targets!

~Zach
Top Top