Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 6:48:38 PM EDT
Ok folks, I need help deciding which AR to get.  I have purchased a postban Bushmaster lower.  I am going to purchase my upper from Model 1 Sales tommorrow.  I was thinking of going with the A3 upper with removable carry handle and 20 inch bl.  But, I like the look of the 16inch A2 as well.  I am new to the AR and am having trouble deciding which one. I will be using the rifle for just fun shooting and would like to use some type of a red dot scope or maybe a regular scope as well.  Soooo which one?  The A2 or A3? 20 inch bl or 16 inch?  Eventually, I will buy a Varmint upper for accuracy shooting.  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Maddogg
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
For the info you give on use, it sounds like any of the ones you mentioned will do, but you should get a flat top for the versatility.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Flip a coin[:d]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys. Can you tell much difference in the accuracy of the 16 or the 20 inch bl?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Other than the fact that the round will start to run out of steam faster out of the 16", which means it will drop faster, there should not be any difference in accuracy. You said you would be getting a varmint upper latter, so maybe you should get the 16".
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Other than the fact that the round will start to run out of steam faster out of the 16", which means it will drop faster, there should not be any difference in accuracy. You said you would be getting a varmint upper latter, so maybe you should get the 16".
View Quote

Ditto.  If you are going to get a varminter later, get the 16" now.

You do realize that once you have the extra upper, you will be compelled to buy another lower...  Then you will want a preban, or a 9mm, or a ....
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Either way you go get the A3 flattop. If you never take off the carry handle it only cost you a little money, but if sometime you want the versitility of the flattop and don't have it your screwed. Get the flattop. I would also reccommend the 16", I believe that the lighter rifle would be more fun to shoot and help keep the weight down if you add accessories.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top