Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 1:49:02 PM EDT
dear fellow arfcommers,
having been a fan of this website and the AR15 for about 3 years I've decided that I would now like to own one. However, I am hesitant to throw down the 1,100$ needed to buy a new one from Bushmaster. I know I could build one but would like someone to advise me on various issues ie. which parts to get and from where. I know what I want to end up with I just don't know how to get there. Is anyone willing to help me via email??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
McKenzie,

Email me. I live in BR and went down the same road as you 2 years ago(AR's that is, I did LSU 4 years ago).

Now have 2.5 AR's. First one i had to go in blind and buy a complete rifle as i had nothing to go by. Since then have built 1.5 and am working on several more.

SS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you happy with an A2?  I'm sure we can get you started around $750 if you need to buy the assemblies already together.
Probably less if you want to assemble it yourself.

If you want to get an M4/A4 it will likely be most expensive, by the time you get done customizing it with nice handguards and back up iron sights, etc...

Do you know which one you want yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Figure out what you want, and what you want it to do. From there we can help out.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top