Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 8:56:18 AM EDT
Does any one know if the IOR Valdada 4x24 M2 Tatical scope will fit on an A.R.M.S. #2 carry handle mount with A.R.M.S. #21 30mm low profile scope rings.  The middle of the M2 scope has a bulge that flare out.  Will the A.R.M.S. #21 low profile rings allow it to clear the base.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have asked the same question in the past, but in regards to using an MK Arms scope mount. I have yet to get an answer that wasn't flippant.

I guess if it's not ACOG or Aimpoint related, you're not likely to get a straight answer.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya it does seem that unless you are talking about acogs you get no help, oh well. I'm afraid I don't have the mount you are talking about but I do have a M2 mounted in a ARMS #35QD with medium height rings.  The medium height rings are simply just the low height rings with an additional spacer.  If I just mount the scope using the low rings by themselves, the bulge on the scope will clear the base but the housing for the illumination switch will not.  The reason that the bulge will clear is because the center of the base is cut lower than the edges.  If the base was uniform is height in cross-section, then the bulge would not clear either.

Don't now if this helps, probably not, but thought I would at least give your thread at least one more reply.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Looked at the mounts mentioned as shown on a couple different websites, and it looks like you may have the same problem I had with my mount setup described above.  The bugle will clear but not the illumination switch.  Then again this was just based on looks, not on actual measurements, so I could be completely wrong.  However, if I am correct, you could always grind down one edge of the base so that the switch could clear.

Personally, I think the M2 is too big to mount on a carry handle and should be mounted on a flattop instead, but then that doesn't really answer your question does it.  However, if you do mount it on a flattop, you have countless more options in mounts, including the armalite mount which is a great mount for the price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top