Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 11:08:55 AM EDT
Does anyone have any reall trigger time behind one of these scopes.
I have heard very little about them
Are they any Good.
Will they mount in ARMS 30mm rings.
I know glass is from Zeiss or so Ive heard.
Does anyone know where I can see pics of the rets they have available.
Who is selling these now besides SWFA, They have good prices but no info on the scopes or reticals, you dont know what your buying.
thanks
chuck
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yo, how's it goin Chuck?

I believe DSA Arms has a "DSA" model of the M2 4X24 Illuminated Tactical scope made by IOR.  They have other models too, check em out they might have what you're looking for.  I'm gonna scoop one up next week sometime for my STG58.  I also think they're prices are a tad lower than SWFA...$20 or so on most models.

[url]www.dsarms.com[/url]

Good luck,

H
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
For specs plus pictures so some of the scopes and some of the reticles, check [url=http://www.snipercountrypx.com/IOR_Scopes.asp]Sniper Country PX[/url].  I think you'll find that SWFA's prices are better, though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Or for even more info, check out [url=http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03]IOR Valdada[/url]'s website.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I just compared for my own curiosity.  The variable power scopes are cheaper at SWFA.  Fixed are cheaper with DSA, but they're advertised as "DSA" not IOR.

Bottom line I hear the scopes are very good.  I'm getting one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
OK!
Great info so far, Hey nice to here from you again HOKIE.
Ok most of the Sale boards Like SWFA dont say which ret.
Iveen some listed with the NATO ret. But I dont see that on their board. Is that the MP-7 ret
Im trying to decide between the M2 4X and Super M2 in 6X for my Armalite M15A4 SPR. I would like a little more power than 4 but no more than 6-8X and want it compact.
cp
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok
I answered my own question here the MP-7 is listed by DSA as the NATO ret. This looks like a cool ret.
Any feed back on it and and I cant find info what the scopes are calibrated (AMMO- 62 gr. I assume)
does anyone know about Battery life?
chuck
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm game for that info too.  

I'm rigging up my FAL with a 4X scope...trying to decide if I want the Dragunov Ret or the Nato Ret.  Both look wicked.  I'd like to know how large that dot is in the center of the Nato Ret too.  My guess is that the Nato Ret would yield a faster target aquis. due to the crosshair.  But that Drag. Ret looks like fun.  The rangefinder, cal lines, etc.

Chuck you sure you don't want to stick with the ACOG route?  I bet a TA31F would go sweet with that rifle.  Granted the high magnification would be nice too.  Lately, and thanks to other board members, I've been looking at the variable Trijicon Accupoint scopes too...for the BAC feature that we all know and love.  SWFA's got em all.  I forget who I was chatting with, but a board member said he was interested in getting a 6X30 IOR for his SPR.  It just limits you to longer ranges is all.

That aside, I'm definately getting an IOR variant from DSA.  Just emailed them and they have the M2's in stock and ready to fly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I own an IOR M2 4x24 with the Dragunov reticle, calibrated for .223. it is a good choice for the money, and has excellent clarity. The lit  reticle is very cool, I find the green is easier on the eyes than a red reticle. The Dragunov ranging system is a piece of cake to use, and ranges effectively to 800 yards. I personally have shot out to 500, with success. The rubber eyepiece is removable, and a rubber front lens cap is included. The scope is mounted on my A2 Dissipator with an IOR see-thru carry handle mount, and I use IOR QD 30mm rings. The scope is about 8" long, but not too ungainly for my taste. I bought mine from Cactus Tactical for about $330, the mount was $45, and the rings were $85. i don't know the current prices, but they shouldn't have deviated too much. I have put about 600 rds. through this combo, and have had no problems with zero. The scope is a good deal, and I have had no problems with it. Good Luck!      http://www.cactustactical.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually HOKIE Im sick of the ACOGs, Im sick of them raising prices. I really dont think they are worth what they cost anymore or for what they do. Dont get me wrong I love mine but I refuse to pay that kind of price anymore.
Besides, BAC doesnt work for me, I have a lazy eye and The BAC doesnt have the same affect.
Im looking for a Durable Medium range scope that will take some field abuse.
LRGunner
what kind of Battery life you getting??
cp
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Gotcha.  Good luck with your choice though, and make sure you post your final choice!!!

Also, if ya ever want to offload that ACOG, you know who to call![beer]  Still got that 11?  I'd consider a 'repurchase!'

Cheers CP
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, I said I wouldnt buy another at that price but I never said I didnt like it, hahahhahaha
I really think its an excellant site and plan on keeping it for a long long long time, and I also think Trijicon is an excellant company with excellant customer service and product, I just think we're being hosed with these price increases. I know I know demand dictates it but maybe they ought to take a few lessons from Bushmaster and Armalite who arn't raising prices desp[ite the demand and backlog for their products. I think theve each had a marginal increase in the last few years but nothing like this stuff.
Anyway Ill let you know, Ill probably go with the M2 with Nato ret. , due to its compact design and toughness. Ill try to get some pics of shot groups and finished rifle .
cp
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
How about a pic of the scope mounted on your flat-top?  I've thought about this one as well.  I'm thinking an Armalite ring & mount combo.  Hopefully, the eye-relief and clearance is enough that my ARMS#40 can stay where it belongs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a M2 mounted in a ARMS #35QD mount with medium height rings.  The scope was a bit bigger than I anticipated, but it isn't a problem for me at least.  Works well mounted to a flattop.  If you don't like the rubber scope covers, they can be replaced with butler creek #03A scope covers (33 mm diameter).  The scope has pretty good eye relief on paper, but the rear lense is located about a inch into the scope tube, so that there is only about a 1.5 inches of useable eye relief.  If you don't have a good cheek weld, and your not using the rubber eye piece, the tube will make contact with your face.  

The only other issue I have with the scope is that the zeroing procedure can be a pain.  There are no discernable clicks when adjusting the windage and elevation, which makes the process a bit hit or miss.  Best advice I can give, is pay very close attention to what you are doing when adjusting the scope, its easy to lose track of where you were and what direction you need to turn the turret since there is no markings for up and down or left and right.  You can save yourself some time by taking a pencil and writing on the turrets directions for adjustment as well as making reference marks.

As for the ARMS mount, absolutely love it.  Offers a lot of flexibility and the medium rings put the scope at proper height.  To be specific I did some comparison measuring of the distance from the flat top to the point of aim for a detachable carry handle, aimpoint M2 in a railgrabber mount with spacer, and the IOR M2 in the ARMS mount.  The distances were measure with a ruler, so I could be off about a milimeter.

Carry handle - 36mm
Aimpoint - 39mm
M2 - 40mm

With the scope mounted at this height, I could not see any shadow from the front sight whatsoever, under multiple different lighting conditions.  From what I have read, the armalite mount will put the scope in the same height range as the ARMS mount.

In addition, the medium rings consist of the low height rings with spacer.  The spacer just so happens to be the same thickness as the spacer on my railgrabber mount for the aimpoint.  This means that if I were to ever get a SIR, I could just remove the spacers for the rings, and the scope would still be mounted at the proper height.  One caveat to this though, at least as far as the IOR M2 is concerned, is that the housing for the illumination switch will interfere with the mount base if only the low rings are used.  It's just barely makes contact though, so if you really wanted to use the low rings only, you could probably reduce the housing wall thickness and everything would fit fine.  But that would require grinding on the scope which may cause some consernation.

Edited to add that instead of grinding on the scope, a small amount could be ground off the side of the mount base to allow for clearance, which would probably be a much better alternative, although it would still lead to grinding.  Ideally, if one was mounting on a SIR, the ARMS #22 rings would probably be a better choice although you would lose the one-piece mount advantage.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
wow, great post!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#17]
EXCELLANT POST THANKS VERY MUCH!!!
CP
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top