Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 4:33:50 PM EDT
Looking at getting one of these for my coyote buster, but need to know how high the supplied rings are.  I have a DPMS Hi-Rider upper so I don't need the taller rings flattops require, and finding another set of low 35mm rings will surely be a challenge.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
my friend used GG&G rings on his 2.5x10 IOR on a DPMS LR308
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you are shooting in more prone I would recommend rings that have a center point of 1.150” to 1.250”.  If you shoot more standing I would recommend 1.40” to the center.

Is that taking into account my Hi-Rider upper?  Seems a bit high to me, as my Burris rings measure 0.756" to center and allow clearance for the rather large Mueller Eraticator eye piece (1.769" dia.) although its tight.  I'm thinking something in the 0.750 - 1.000" center point range would work the best as my eye alignment is perfect with my temporary setup.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Mike.  Knowing you deal in IOR optics, do you know if they give you a choice in ring height?  Their website is kind of lacking when it comes to supplying detailed information.  Was hoping to be able to order one tonight, but no one at the gun show today was in a buying mood so maybe next month.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top