Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:24:30 AM EDT
I am still mulling over an IOR 4x24 for my FAL. If you have ever dealt with their customer service (return of defective scope, etc.) what was the outcome?

Customer Service is a biggie with me. I don't expect red carpet, just what they say they'll do.

Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I dealt with Val several times and service has been great.  I just exchanged a set of high 35mm rings for a set of medium rings and it took about 1 week.  I have also exchanged a scope in the past with no problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Paulo- thanks. Thats good to hear.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi Callgood,

2 years or so ago, I lent out my rifle with an IOR 6x42 on it.  The lent part is relevant, just because I can't say for certain what happened, as I wasn't there (isn't it a downer when your rifle goes hunting without you...).  Any way, it came back all fogged up.  I contacted customer service and gave them my story.  They asked me to send the scope back, and I did.  A few weeks (maybe four, I can't really remember) later I recieved what I'm pretty sure was a brand new scope.  I seem to recall that there were a few detail differences between the two, and I got the impression that they were making some changes to that model, and had to wait a bit for a new one.  They weren't real strong on communication, but delivered where it counted.  As far as the new scope, it's since seen plenty of cold/wet/muddy etc. service with no problems.  And man, it is one sharp looking (optically) piece of glass.  Hope this helps,

Stych
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top