Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:18:12 PM EDT
I found 1000 rnds loose pack in an ammo can for 130.00 at kyimports.com

anybody know anything about this? is it any good?

they also have it in 20 rnd boxes for $170/1000

they also have green tip in 1200 rnd lots for 290, and it is in 20 rnd boxes

any feed back if this is good or not would be appreciated, I am looking at getting some.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
rounds where carried by troops..unloaded from mags when not needed any more during regular cycling of ammo in mags....stored in bunkers
other than that it should shoot well, heard it has some a little scratches of course from feed lips
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
would you buy it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Just searching the Ammo forum for some answers about this stuff.

I was out on a shoot this weekend with board members Spiff and jollyrodger.  Spiff had some of this IMI 855.  It has a unusual crimp at the case mouth, like a hex or octogonal indentation leaving uncrimped case at the "corners"

It cycled fine thru spiffs DPMS but caused repeated FTE and a severely deep seated 2nd round that would slam into the un-extracted case in my 6721.   My gun shoots wolf almost exclusively.

We tried diff. mags ect.  It just didn't like my beaner.  We should have tried switching bolt/carriers.

My colt did eat jollyrogers LC PD855 just fine.

Id try some first before buying a shitload.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I asked this same question about a month ago, so any input is appreciated. Apparently there hasn't been a lot of people buying it, so I am hesitant to buy it even at that price without decent feedback.
Is the boxed IMI the Israeli military stuff, or SAAMI load?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I asked this same question about a month ago, so any input is appreciated. Apparently there hasn't been a lot of people buying it, so I am hesitant to buy it even at that price without decent feedback.
Is the boxed IMI the Israeli military stuff, or SAAMI load?

This was the boxed (30 rounds per box) Israeli military M855 stuff. Has the NATO markings on the headstamp. It ran perfectly through my rifle but Luckypunks AR hated it. The bolt was not extracting the round all the way, but it was coming back far enough to attempt to strip off a new round, it would then stovepipe the new round into the spent round that was still in the chamber. Odd, but it did it repeatedly. At first you would tend to think it was Luckypunks AR that was malfunctioning, but we had some Lake City M855 and some wolf .223 that it ran fine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask this guy to come to this thread

Rmplstlskn

He will tell you anything you want about IMI ammo...he's bought, shot, and sold it all
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought and shot 3,000 rounds of loose, "recycled" IM ammo of mixed makes a couple of years ago. Never had a problem for just blasting ammo, but there were lots of horror stories during that time of problems and about the storage and cleaning methods used for this ammo. Story was that this was range and/or patrol ammo that cycled through magazines many times and then stored in 55 gal drums for years at high temperatures in metal buildings. After import, it was rumored to be acid washed in concrete mixers to clean up.  Evidence on the ammo I had suggested that these stories might  likely be true. At that time it was $100/1000.

I would be tempted at the $100 price again, but would go for the boxed ammo for the relatively small difference you quote. You will sleep better with the boxed ammo if you are the worrying kind.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#8]
This ammo was, by all appearances new. It was not mixed headstamp, all the brass had the NATO stamp + "TZZ 96" on them.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top