Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 12:14:22 PM EDT
Anyone know if IMI still has M193 ammo (packaged in bandoleers with plastic stripper clips and plastic ammo guides) available to the public?

I have one can left. The plastic stripper clips and magazine guides are terrific! I use them for reloads and the clips are easy to load and the magazine guide works slick.

I can not find IMI 5.56 in bandoleers anywhere!hanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is on plastic strippers, its probably Canadian C-77 ball, with a headstamp of " IVI".... If I had to guess, you have canadian ammo.  Take a magnet to it, if the bullet attracts a magnet, it's C-77---but the headstamp would be the first clue...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a small stash, the vendor I got it from took a couple of sealed cans in trade for a gun IIRC... Mine is headstamped with 86 for the year.  Not really exceptional ammo by any means, the only reason I keep any is penetration of cover/armor  if SHTF-- not likely. I'll probably burn the last of it up next range trip.

The plastic strippers are handy for keeping a few loose rounds in a pack when hunting coyotes...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. I have no clue why I thought it was IMI.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top