Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:53:48 PM EDT
Is this stuff any good?  I see ammoman and a few others have it...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's MFS, I like it quite well in .45 ACP. Pretty accurate and very clean shooting. I still have some and would buy more.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it's MFS, I like it quite well in .45 ACP. Pretty accurate and very clean shooting. I still have some and would buy more.

Yep, it's MFS.  It's hard to find info on it, but the few comments I've seen now have been positive.  I guess I'll give it a go.  How does it compare to something like WWB or S&B?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolute top of the line ammo.  The good Italian made Fiocchi (not the american made crap) was acctually made by MFS.

It is a bit hotter than Remington or other U.S. factory loads and burns cleaner. I knew many people who bought it by the case for competition shooting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Absolute top of the line ammo.  The good Italian made Fiocchi (not the american made crap) was acctually made by MFS.

It is a bit hotter than Remington or other U.S. factory loads and burns cleaner. I knew many people who bought it by the case for competition shooting.

Great news!  I'll take that as an excuse to stock up!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it's MFS.  It's hard to find info on it, but the few comments I've seen now have been positive.  I guess I'll give it a go.  How does it compare to something like WWB or S&B?

I found it's better then both of those brands and MUCH cleaner the the WWB. I have a box of empties that I gave to a friends who reloads and he thought they were just popped primer cases that had no powder in them, they were that clean.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I found it's better then both of those brands and MUCH cleaner the the WWB. I have a box of empties that I gave to a friends who reloads and he thought they were just popped primer cases that had no powder in them, they were that clean.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Love this ammo.

Have shot about 2k in My Sig P220
Have stockpiled 5k of it.

I am going to order 1k of the JHP round just because.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Works great in my USP.  Only thing is the +P ones are supposedly actually somewhere between a normal load and +P.  Still, it's cheaper than WWB so no complaints here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Between two trips to Thunder Ranch with some friends we ate up about 5,000 rounds of this ammo without a single ammo related problem. It is good stuff and MUCH cheaper than any alternative, plus the brass reloads well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have to ask the question of the day,  Where are you buying this?  Does anyone of the mailorder/internet ammuniotion sales stock it?

What is the average price of this stuff?

Thanks,

Beat Trash

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top