Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:51:04 PM EDT
I was told that the proper way to use a bore brush is to insert and spin clockwise 2 turn and repeat.
Can anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 3:08:42 PM EDT by FMJ]
I jam it in there several times and spin it in any direction
Dont matter

They do make NYLON chamber brush
if your scared you will hurt your chamber

been doing it since the 80`s
Chrome lined barrel/chambers

If I had a Match grade expensive barrel I might care more
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:58:00 PM EDT
You have to spin it clockwise because if you spin it counterclockwise it will unscrew itself from the rod.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:22:52 PM EDT
I have always "pull" the brush from chamber to muzzle. Is it o.k. to pull instead of pushing the rod ?

Also, do I need to pull the brush from the muzzle to chamber so I get a better clean?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 5:51:19 PM EDT by kaos]

Originally Posted By getchevyn:
I have always "pull" the brush from chamber to muzzle. Is it o.k. to pull instead of pushing the rod ?

Also, do I need to pull the brush from the muzzle to chamber so I get a better clean?
I prefer to pull, it doesn't bow the rod.

For the purists, pulling from chamber to muzzle will tend to keep the goop out of the upper.

Not that it matters, but the cleaning procedure for a G36 is to pull a patch with a beaded chain from chamber to muzzle. It supposedly keeps the upper cleaner, and supposedly does less damage to the crown than spearing a rod down the barrel will.

I'm not an expert, I'm just typing what I read in the manual.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 5:56:14 PM EDT by Captains1911]

Are we talking about chamber or bore brushes??? It seems from your title and posts that you are confusing them. For a chamber brush, it's been explained, push it in and turn, and continue turning in the same direction as you pull it back out. For a bore brush it is recommended to run from breech to muzzle, but not absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:58:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Captains1911:

Are we talking about chamber or bore brushes??? It seems from your title and posts that you are confusing them. For a chamber brush, it's been explained, push it in and turn, and continue turning in the same direction as you pull it back out. For a bore brush it is recommended to run from breech to muzzle, but not absolutely necessary.
I meant to point that out in my answer, but got distracted by the wonderful prose I was typing.

The topic was chamber brush, but I was responding to the bore brush statement above mine.

Apologies all around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:34:37 PM EDT
Useing a bore brush I pull

Chamber I jab it and turn it any wich way

but not until it comes all the way off

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:01:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 11:02:08 AM EDT by getchevyn]
Originally Posted By Captains1911:

Sorry, misread the title. I was asking about the bore brush.
Top Top