Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 3:48:43 PM EDT
I need to know. Saw in a different post that the 4 allen screws are cheap and crappy way to mount it. I have a 2 AA 512 version to mount on a flattop upper, and was going to use that system. It does also come with a thumbscrew, but I would think the 4 allen screws would hold better than that 1 thumbscrew. Am I wrong? Do those rails come off when using the thumbscrew, or do they work in conjuction with it. I am at work now, so I can't look at it, otherwise I could fugure it out on my own, lol. Just wnat some advice on how you guys mounted yours. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I put mine on with the thumbscrew.

Just be sure to wernch it down tight with a coin or a screwdriver.

4K rounds through the weapon and it's still on there tight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I need to know. Saw in a different post that the 4 allen screws are cheap and crappy way to mount it. I have a 2 AA 512 version to mount on a flattop upper, and was going to use that system. It does also come with a thumbscrew, but I would think the 4 allen screws would hold better than that 1 thumbscrew. Am I wrong? Do those rails come off when using the thumbscrew, or do they work in conjuction with it. I am at work now, so I can't look at it, otherwise I could fugure it out on my own, lol. Just wnat some advice on how you guys mounted yours. Thanks.
View Quote

Stanman, I'm afraid I'm missing something in your post. You refer to "4 allen screws" that are used to mount the sight. Are you talking about the screws that hold the protective hood on? If so, don't touch those. Also, if the "rails" you're referring to are just the underside of the protective hood, I'd suggest following my previous advice.

Anyway, I agree with the other posts made so far. The thumbscrew makes a heck of a lot more sense and holds on fine. I've put over 2000 rounds through the rifle I've got one mounted on and it's never come loose or lost zero. As others have said, it's just nice to have a mounting system you don't need a special tool for.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually the old Bushnell Holosights had two allen screws, not four. All new EO-Techs have one screw, use the thumb screw and it will secure your sight just fine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that I am home and can look at the sight, I realize I must seem slighly retarded for the above post. This will not be the first time people have thought that, lol. Thanks for the advice gents!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now that I am home and can look at the sight, I realize I must seem slighly retarded for the above post. This will not be the first time people have thought that, lol. Thanks for the advice gents!
View Quote

Don't worry about it. I for one did not laugh or even snicker at you. Seriously. I've been in a similar situation myself so I understand exactly where you're coming from. Glad we could help.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top