Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 2:14:16 PM EDT
I bought a Bushmaster upper with bolt carrier off the internet.  The barrel is marked Bushmaster.  The bolt carrier does not to be of the same quality as the bolt carrier on my Colt rifle.  The machining is not as smooth and crisp as the Colt.  I have heard and read on this board that Bushmaster is comparable to Colt in quality.  I am now wondering if the bolt carrier on the Bushmaster upper may not be a Bushmaster bolt carrier.  I have experienced some FTF with the Bushmaster upper on my Colt lower.  Is there any way to id a bushmaster bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You wan't to post some pics?

IIRC, they don't stamp anything on them.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Being electronically challenged I will see if I can get my kid to post them for me tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
To quote Bushmaster when asked how to identify their bolt carriers:

"Our bolt carriers have the gas key staked on by 4 V-shaped stamps."

Who knows how correct the above statement is though.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just received a Bolt/Carrier Assy from Bushmaster this morning, the Key is staked on with 4 V-shaped stamps. It also appears as if it is the "enhanced" carrier design and I didn't notice any markings on the carrier.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Do Bushy BC's have chrome lining?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep.

Most all do nowadays, even Model 1 and M&A Parts.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Curiosity got the best of me. I pulled the Bolt/Carrier Assy from a Bushmaster thats been hanging around here for 4-5 years and compared the new with the old. The new one is the enhanced design, both have keys staked on with 4 V-stamps, neither appear to be chrome lined and I don't see any markings on either carrier.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
My key has dents but their not exactly v shaped more like a U.  The two bolts on top have two small letters stamped in to them.  I think they are HB but I am not sure because they are small.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:57:23 AM EDT
[#9]
most of mine are staked as stated, some harder to distinguish than others

some are enhanced and some arent.

really hard to tell if it aint marked so you would pretty much have to flip a coin
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top