Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2013 1:01:20 PM EDT
I have seen a lot of people doing this but can't seem to find a write up on how to do it. Can some one please explain to me how to do this? I believe this is the hand stop that I would need.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about doing this as well. Basically you just need to sand the handstop to conform to the alpha rail then get a nut/bolt/washer and mount the sucker in one of the holes. Might have to cut the bolt but it should be pretty easy. I would say you could use the regular handstop as well, just have to drill a hole through it.

I really wish Troy would release some direct attach accessories for the alpha rails.

googlefu
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wrapped sandpaper around the alpha rail and sanded the hand stop to fit. Then I drilled one hole in the hand stop and used a screw and nut from a Magpul polymer rail section.

ETA:
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I decided to go ahead with my mod after I wrote my first reply. It took longer to screw the damn thing in than to modify the magpul MVG that I used. I took a dremel with a sand paper bit and sanded the two nubs on the MVG grip. Then screwed the thing on. Crappy cell phone pic incoming. I let the grip cover part of the squid grips I have, worked out rather nicely because now I dont have the sand down the 'wings' of the MVG.

Link Posted: 6/14/2013 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys. Can the Troy metal pieces used to attach the rail sections be used to do this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Pearce grip extensions also work well for this. I used one for an XDM  and they are only $10
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. Can the Troy metal pieces used to attach the rail sections be used to do this?

Did something very similar to mount a Ruger SR9C extended mag piece to the bottom of my Samson rail.

Link Posted: 6/14/2013 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to try this on my Samson rail, I have a LaRue on there now using a section of rail that is attached.  It would be a lot less bulky without the rail section.  And the pierce/mag extensions are a great idea!
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Which hand stop would work best?

Handstop with OBR insert

or

2 Piece Handstop
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which hand stop would work best?

Handstop with OBR insert

or

2 Piece Handstop

I THINK the two are the same. Except one has a picatinny shaped insert for their rail and a hole to mount it, and the other comes with two index clips to hold it in on a rail.

I would get the one with the hole. I may have to try this with my CMR.

Edit: after noticing the $10 price difference, I'd get the other one and drill the hole myself
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top