Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 10:29:33 PM EDT
I have a Geissele SSA trigger in my AR. Normally, I've read that the trigger/hammer springs on the stock single-action USGI trigger should be replaced every 5,000 rounds or so. I was just wondering if this applies to the SSA as well, or is the interval any less or greater? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Id replace them when you replace your worn out barrel.

That could be a decade away!

Do these springs differ from the stock springs?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Id replace them when you replace your worn out barrel.

That could be a decade away!

Do these springs differ from the stock springs?

Yes, springs are different.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#5]
You're wrong about the magazines. While it is true that springs that the springs in most single-stack magazines like 1911 magazine will not usually wear out if left alone that is because when they are loaded they are not constricting the springs past their maximum. AR15 and for that matter most double-stack magazines push the springs past their natural limits. This problem can be helped if you down load your magazines but leaving them loaded for long periods will wear out your magazines.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're wrong about the magazines. While it is true that springs that the springs in most single-stack magazines like 1911 magazine will not usually wear out if left alone that is because when they are loaded they are not constricting the springs past their maximum. AR15 and for that matter most double-stack magazines push the springs past their natural limits. This problem can be helped if you down load your magazines but leaving them loaded for long periods will wear out your magazines.

How do you know than single stack 1911 springs are not pushed beyond their limit and that AR and all other double stack mag springs are?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, trust someone with 17 posts or a well respected industry partner?? I'll go with ADCO, you're not going to hurt the springs from just leaving the mags loaded.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmm, trust someone with 17 posts or a well respected industry partner?? I'll go with ADCO, you're not going to hurt the springs from just leaving the mags loaded.

Not even that, but the fact that so many of us leave our mags loaded for both AR's and carry pieces and I have never heard of someone wearing out a spring that way. For all I know he may be some sort of mechanical engineer who specializes in springs(not very likely). I'd just like to hear his rational/see proof.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pecking order.

Adco's got ya beat.

I've had nearly every magazine I own loaded from the minute I got them, and guess what.  They all work absolutely fine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even that, but the fact that so many of us leave our mags loaded for both AR's and carry pieces and I have never heard of someone wearing out a spring that way. For all I know he may be some sort of mechanical engineer who specializes in springs(not very likely). I'd just like to hear his rational/see proof.

Yeah I too leave all my mags loaded.  From my AR mags, to XD, Glock, 1911, etc.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That idea may work...... Some where.  
ADCO's comment is correct.  Only if you can tell if you barrel is worn out.
If memory serves you should change at 15K.   So change them at 10K  .  Those that burn out barrels may get better mileage

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top