Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 12:48:48 PM EDT
How long will the mag market be inflated? I've heard the old-timers talking about how NIW 30's used to go for $5-$10 and 20's were practically free. I guess we've been programmed to pay ridiculous prices for used and refinished mags for so long, it will be will be a while before the baseline shifts back to the way things used to be. Or will it? Other states having their own ban doesn't help (still a market for pre-bans). With troops overseas, I guess the gov't doesn't have any reason to flood the market with surplus mags. Maybe the next gunshow will have some good deals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,  I already got some new in wrapper 30 rounders for 11.50 and an OD mag carrier came with each 4.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Distributors or dealers who paid high prices for their existing stock won't be in a hurry to drop prices, so it will take some time and price pressure from their competition for them to decide to finally do so and cut their losses.

Free market at work.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up 5 Adventure Line's with about 70% finish for $6 each this past weekend!    Gotta Love it!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I say $10 is decent for a new one that was my price I would pay for used ones during the ban.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the civy market for mags was pretty dry for the last... oh ten years.  Obviously because we could'nt buy them.  Now, the distributers with the lowest prices are all out due to the sunset.  It's simple economics: The guy selling NIW 30's for $11.50 goes out first.  Then everyone turns to the guy selling them for $12.50.  Then $13.50 and sofourth.  

Us civies soaked up the market so quick that $16-17 is fairly common right now.  All the ditributers are waiting for their next shipment of mags to sell.  Oh, and when I say shipment, I mean thousands of mags.

Give it a bit of time.  The NIW @ $11.50 will be back.  That's about as low as it will go, though.  I asked my magic 8 ball and it told me: "That outcome seems certain."  So you'll have to trust me.

For the next year or so mag sales will will probably be a feast or famin as the flood gates open and close.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up brand new at a gun show this weekend, 30's for $11 and 20's for $15.  The dealer said she has to pay $7.50 for the 30's.  I don't see them getting much below $11, maybe $10.   Troy is right, inflation.  We will never see $5 mags again.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top