Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 4:47:00 PM EDT
I have been wanting an AR for quite sometime now.  I decided to wait until after 9/14 for obvious reasons.  How long do you think it will be before they are available with the banned options?

I am most likely going to go with an RRA or Armalite in an M4 config.  I can't wait!

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Person
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
9/14 ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Immediately after 9/14 in the form of the LE marked ones.

and all the companies probably already have a run of non-le marked full featured AR's ready to go.

I'm most interested to see what Colt does, particularly whether or not they will be selling the new non LE rifles under the match target or AR-15 name.

I suspect if they still use the MT name the LE rifles (since they are not actually restricted to LE) will sell much better.

first thing Colt should make is an AR-15A4
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think most companies will start production of the new rifles very quickly.  There will be too great of a demand not to.  I especially hope Colt does, I really want a new in box Colt CAR or M-4 type rifle to put in safe storage for my 15 month old son.  He will get the rifle at the appropriate age.  Also, I hope Colt starts making their 9mm ARs again.  I know they never stopped and the rifles have been avaible to LEOs, but I want them to make more than just limited runs like they've been doing.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, you can buy the barrels, and barrelled uppers right now.  Always could. For ten years thay've been calling them "preban". In another week and a half they'll probably change the name to "non ban".  Same stuff. Why are you people worrying about about how long it will take?  The stuff is there already for pete's sake.

Sometimes the questions that get posted by some of the folks here gets really strange
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top