Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 11:48:53 PM EDT
Do it mater how far in as long as it catches the buffer retainer?  My buffer tube can catch the buffer retainer(detent) in two spots.  One at the very edge and the other is all the way in to the nipple of the detent. Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Really? I would say go all the way. But that's interesting, because on every collapsing stock I've put on it only works one way. One rotation either way is either too far in or not enough.

what kind of tube is it and in what kind of reciever?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do it mater how far in as long as it catches the buffer retainer?  My buffer tube can catch the buffer retainer(detent) in two spots.  One at the very edge and the other is all the way in to the nipple of the detent. Any help would be great.

Nope. Pick one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
A Bushy rec. with a Vltor tube.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW when I built my first carbine it was the same way. The first time I threaded it all the way. Then the upper didn't fit to the lower and it was bitch to get it to fit down all the way and push the pin through. Not to mention the retainer got bound up. So I back it out, one turn I think it was, so it just caught the edge. Stop the binding and the receivers fit together great.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
here's a tip on installing buffer tubes from an AR15 Forum Dealer, RB Precision:
http://www.rbprecision.com/rb_precision_ar15_performance_tips_.htm
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top