Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:49:28 PM EDT
Hello everyone.

Based on my past two polls and your replies, I've "officially" decided on my first "option" for my AR-15 build (parts and manufacturers). This is seemingly perfect for my level of experience and my level of desire to build the lower and have the upper already complete. If you could, please follow the 2 links below and let me know if this build (stripped lower receiver and complete kit) would make a suitable first AR-15 for me.

LCW Stripped Lower Receiver
RRA CAR A4 Kit

Looks like I can get a complete AR-15 to the basic specs I want (except for the handguard) for $120 + $620 = $740, unless I'm missing something (other than S&H, and a FFL transfer). This price includes the collapsible stock, and a match trigger. I'd want to trade up to a SureFire type of handguard in the future, for mounting a bipod and light at a later date (unless I can "upgrade" the RRA kit w/ a quad rail type handguard right away). But for now, I think it's sweet. What are your thoughts??

Thanks in advance for your input!

Dave
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered two of those RRA kits. I got thr chrome barrel option. You can't get the RRA parts any cheaper. It will be my first build too. gool luck.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not match up a RRA Lower to the RRA Upper??

Cheers!

-WuMagic
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW: EagleFirearms.net   has pretty good deals on RRA Parts (Uppers & Lowers)..

Cheers!

-WuMagic
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BTW: EagleFirearms.net   has pretty good deals on RRA Parts (Uppers & Lowers)..

Cheers!

-WuMagic

big +1!

I was able to do a RRA midlength with a Mega lower for ~$620 complete.  Granted that is without the Match trigger but I didn't see the need for it in a defensive rifle.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget to get your tools lined up in advance.....you won't need much to do what you're planning on (which looks good, BTW), but you ought to at least have some punches on hand.

ETA: ....and a stock wrench.....a cheap one will do....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
big +1!

I was able to do a RRA midlength with a Mega lower for ~$620 complete.  Granted that is without the Match trigger but I didn't see the need for it in a defensive rifle.  

Where did you obtain your parts from both upper & lower??

-WuMagic
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top