Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 1:20:36 PM EDT
Was looking at putting on a new flash hider (a vortex) and my Colt m4 16" upper has a A2 hider that is non-weld. Do I just wrench it off? Is there anything special I need? Thanks,

- rem
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just unscrew it.  I use the GI wrench, but any open end wrench that will fit can do the job.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Might want to heat it up a bit...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a washer to go on first.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Is it the crush washer? Thanks.

Quoted:
You need a washer to go on first.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
A 3/4" or 19mm open end wrench will fit just right... To avoid tooling marks, you can wrap a piece of tape around the area where the wrench will make contact...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
If your installing a Smith Enterprise Vortex, don't use any washers and only torque it between 5-10 ft. lbs...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to put a little tape on whatever tool you are using to play with these flash suppressors...

- BG
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I always use tape whenever I'm working on something that can scratch. Thanks for the advice.

Not sure if it is Smith Industries, but here is the link to what I was going to buy:

http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/muzzle.html

Top product, the YHM-28A Phantom Flash Suppressor, with the CQB tips. Thanks!

- rem
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah I always use tape whenever I'm working on something that can scratch. Thanks for the advice.

Not sure if it is Smith Industries, but here is the link to what I was going to buy:

- rem

DO take a look at the Vortex from Smith Enterprises.  If flash supression is your main goal, I feel the Vortex is THE best especially for NV aps.
www.smithenterprise.com/0100_Vortex_Page.htm
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

- rem

Thats a phantom... Its an ok flash hider but IMHO, the Smith Enterprise Vortex is the best flash eliminator money can buy... If you do call Smith Enterprise, there is about a weeks wait on them, but they are worth the wait...

I think brownells have them too, but are a little more $$$...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top