Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 6:49:40 PM EDT
Been thinking of getting a couple to mount my Pentagon lights to the 'ol AR's.  Got some L2's and X3's and don't really want to spend the extra $$$ for dedicated weaponlights.

You guys all satisfied with their light mounts?

Thanks for the expertise.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very satisfied with the C-series mount for my surefire 6P.  Best light mount I ever owned.  I love it.  The mount is very solid and secures the light well by finger tightening.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're running your light on the same side as your support hand (i.e. on the left side for a right handed shooter) they work great.  If not I prefer the Daniel Defense.

also with the Vltor, if you're taking the light on and off alot, there is no mechanism to lock the light in independent of the rail. This means that when you take the mount off the rail, the light can slide back and forth, making reinstallation in the same spot difficult.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you're running your light on the same side as your support hand (i.e. on the left side for a right handed shooter) they work great.  If not I prefer the Daniel Defense.

Why the Daniel Defense?  It looks like the DD might bring the light a little bit further down so as to make it easier to activate the thumb switch.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I wasn't clear.

If you hold your thumb on the same side of the carbine as your weak hand, your thumb can reach up further and it's more comfortable to activate the button.  In this case, use the VLTOR.

If you hold your thumb on the same side of the carbine as your strong hand, your thumb doesn't reach as high and you need the light to be dropped down a bit.  In this case, use the Daniel Defense.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotcha.  Thats what I thought.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe I wasn't clear.

If you hold your thumb on the same side of the carbine as your weak hand, your thumb can reach up further and it's more comfortable to activate the button.  In this case, use the VLTOR.

If you hold your thumb on the same side of the carbine as your strong hand, your thumb doesn't reach as high and you need the light to be dropped down a bit.  In this case, use the Daniel Defense.

Having tried both, I hardily agree.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe I wasn't clear.

+1

Get both!

Hmmmm.  I think I'll have to do that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe I wasn't clear.

+1
Get both!

Hmmmm.  I think I'll have to do that.

There's really no other way to be sure which way works best for you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got one and mounted my X2 at the 9 o clock position (im left handed) and push in for momentary lighting, works flawlessly.

Glad I didn't spend the extra money on the DD, this works perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a VLTOR CK mount mounted to a YHM Offset with a TD Vert Grip. I really like the setup and it works for me. The lights at the 4 oclock position, and I use my thumb to push the clicker tailcap. Mines mounting a Surefire G2.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have a VLTOR CK mount mounted to a YHM Offset with a TD Vert Grip. I really like the setup and it works for me. The lights at the 4 oclock position, and I use my thumb to push the clicker tailcap. Mines mounting a Surefire G2.

I DID THE SAME THING BUT MOUNTED A SUREFIRE M3
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top