Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 5:37:40 PM EDT
How do you clean the brass marks off the deflector?
I don't want to tear into the finish with a steel brush, do I just leave it?

Also, what is the proper way to use the "breach brush" ?

Sorry for the poor spelling, I have a Hoppes #9 headache.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Breach brush..

May be called a chamber brush.
The brush that has the large step in the OD. I have been using a little CLP and plunging in and out a few times. Then I clean out  with a Q-tip. Sound right? Or am I supposed to twist it in some way?

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WHY BOTHER?    Do you clean the tread of the tires of your car after driving?  

Fine - it's your gun, do what you like, but WHY BOTHER?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not normally clean the brass marks off the deflector.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Use a pencil eraser to rub the marks off..
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Just trying to keep my rifle clean, didn't know it wasn't cool to clean the brass marks off.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just trying to keep my rifle clean, didn't know it wasn't cool to clean the brass marks off.

get out a serrated face framing hammer and bang up your gun and then chain it to the back of your car and drag it around the 'hood.  coolness...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just get sick of the safe queens.  

Everyone bitches that AR's dont' run, that AK's rule, that it takes hours to clean an AR......

15 minutes is all you need to clean an AR.   Buy good parts, good mags, good ammo, and spend 15 minutes cleaning it now and then, using the proper methods and CLP.

You'll have a gun that will run 100% of the time and you WON'T be bitching to your buddies about how finicky the AR is and how much cleaning it requires.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I like brass marks on my gun.

Shoot Wolf it doesnt leave brass marks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Buy good parts, good mags, good ammo

The parts are Colt  6920
mags are colt 30's
ammo is  M193

Everyone bitches that AR's dont' run, that AK's rule, that it takes hours to clean an AR

The rifle runs great never had a problem.

I just get sick of the safe queens

So then don't take care of your shit beyond the point of function; dont be sick of the
fact that I choose to.

You'll have a gun that will run 100% of the time and you WON'T be bitching to your buddies about how finicky the AR is and how much cleaning it requires.

I do have a gun that runs 100%
I don't bitch to my buddys how finicky it is or how much cleaning it takes.

I put 1,000 rounds through it in the past week and it  has a racing stripe of brass
down the side. I want to keep the condition up. If I had a cheap ass POS rifle I wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#14]
As to the question.

3-5 drops of break free applied to the deflector.

scrub with a brass brush(Old bore brush works just fine as does a dedicated brass/ bronze bristle tooth brush) .

Then scrub with a nylon G.I. toothbrush.

Wipe off the goo.

Repeat if you missed a spot.

Same goes for anodizing on the upper/ lower that was transferred from a pack frame, aluminum clipboard, or holster screws to the rifle.

Brass kisses are either a sign of pride, or a lack of Maintenence.
It purely situational.

S-28

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I use fp-10 and my finger.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#17]
It's funny, I'm starting to get the 'brasskiss'. I was gonna post this topic about cleaning the deflector, looks like I'm leaving it alone now! This forum is awesome!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't want to tear into the finish with a steel brush, do I just leave it?

A little CLP/BreakFree on a toothbrush, will take care of this problem.

Also, what is the proper way to use the "breach chamber brush" ?

Get rid of the Hoppes#9 and get yourself some Sweets 7.62 and SuperTech 2000 carb cleaner (non-methanol, from Walmart auto dept.). Using chamber brush, place small amount of Sweets on the brush, insert and remove 3-4 time, insert and rotate 4-5 rounds to the right, then left 4-5 times, remove and re-insert a couple more times. Rinse Sweets throughly (understand Sweets is not some mamby-pamby cleaner, but a serious bore cleaner, IT MUST BE THROUGHLY RINSED OUT of your bore. Lube rifle w/ CLP and store...... (save the q-tips for cleaning your ears instead of fuzzing up your chamber)

Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I too like to keep my equipment clean and looking good.

The guys that bitch about the people who keep their rifles looking good were probably the kids in grade school that dragged their shit in the dirt because their parents were filthy rich and could afford to buy them new clothing and gear every few months.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Timeless,
 I hate it when someone asks a question, and this is the result. /\
                                                                                                          /\
                                                                                                          /\
In the past, when I would scrape my wedding band on my
black guns, WD-40 would take it off. I imagine it will also
work with brass marks. I use it for just about everything,
including lube after I clean my guns....
Good Luck!

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The guys that bitch about the people who keep their rifles looking good were probably the kids in grade school that dragged their shit in the dirt because their parents were filthy rich and could afford to buy them new clothing and gear every few months.

Yeah, or MAYBE it's more simple than the Freudian examination you've given.  Maybe those of us don't scrub brass marks from our rifles are the same guys who don't wipe grit off our hammers, or oil down our screwdrivers, or take silicon clothes to our power tools.

I have some rifles I keep pristine.  I have some that get a workout....the ones that work don't get pampered.

Jeez....

I have to agree with SHIVAN on this
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#23]
timeless - I didn't mean that as a personal attack, just an overall frustration rant.

Like I said, it's your property, your choice.

Yesterday I saw a guy wiping the deck of his lawn mower when he was done.   Come on!  It's a lawn mower.

I take excellent care of everything I own, ask anyone that's bought "used" stuff from me, they think it's still new.

But there gets to be a point where a tool is a tool.

Just the other day someone pointed out a little damage on the checkering of my new $1k Kimber 1911.   My attitude?  So what, it's a tool.  I'll do my best to keep it nice, but I'm not going to be anal and do "Q-tip tests"
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#24]
The last time this question was asked, the thread was much more entertaining.

BTW, who cares about brass marks?  It isn't a part of the rifle that effects functionality.  All I want out of maintenence is to keep it shooting safely, accurately and reliably.  Who cares if it looks a little worse for the wear and tear?

Like waxing a Jeep.  Wash it when you change the oil.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yesterday I saw a guy wiping the deck of his lawn mower when he was done.   Come on!  It's a lawn mower.

Uh oh... this is a big deal of mine.  I ALWAYS wipe off the deck.  Leaving grass on there promotes rust.... if you have a metal deck.  Just something I always do.  I even hose off the bottom every other mowing, to clear out the old grass residue.  Guess I am anal about a few things too.... just not brass deflectors.  I like my mowers CLEAN!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]
"I will keep it clean, even as I keep myself clean.."

Bunch of anal retentive FREAKS!!!!!!
The whole lot of ya!

Find a balance that inspires confidence.
Framiliarity is the key.

Forget the appearence to others.
Know your rifle, and it's condition/ operability.

If the thing is trustworthy to your standards, disregard comments from the cheap seats.

Adjust your own standards to reflect the reality of your usage.

I take the time to remove the Brass "Kisses" from my guys M4's for one reason.
It's a reminder that an Anal Retentive freak has fussed over the rifle to the inth degree.
I wish no doubts about the operability of the things, and strive for full confidence in it's abilitys.

Pride can be a powerfull thing.

Those that can accept wrinkled clothing, and a 2 day stubble as presentable and  adequate, have a gift.

It's cultural.

My culture sees a dull knife, and assigns a value of "Less than" to the owner.

If the thing works reliably and one can accept the "Kisses" as a point of pride, I'm all for it.

It's mostly Tween the ears once the mechanical stuff has been covered.

S-28
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Well put S-28
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I always clean my lawn mower

Keeping something working reliably and keeping it in good exterior appearance/shape are two different things that I like to apply to my tools.

I do not clean A hammer or ratchet set because those, IMHO, are true tools.

A lawn mower, rifle, car, etc... are all tools in life but if you bought a nice new car as a daily driver, you just let it sit in the sun and rot outside? So all those idiots waxing their Vettes and Camaros are just wasting their time huh?

I view cars as a tool, but I wash it occaisonally and give it some NuFinish. A lawn mower is also a tool but i clean it after using to prevent rusting. I also change the engine oil with Mobil 1 10W-30.
I wipe down my rifle and want it to look as clean as possible. Yes call me AR, but its an AR-15 right?

But I'm not AR enough to polish my chromed ratchet and socket set (too many of them, about 150+ sockets and 6 ratchet/torque wrenches) or wipe down my hammer.
There's got to be a balance!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

These are self cleaning, the real question is, do you clean the exterrior of your car at all? Just the interrior?

Quoted:

Everyone bitches that AR's dont' run, that AK's rule, that it takes hours to clean an AR.

Sounds like your hanging with the AK crowd, I dont know any true AR collectors who bitch about their performance, (or put up with alot of negetave talk) because their peices are spit shined, ready to rock and roll.

Quoted:
15 minutes is all you need to clean an AR.   Buy good parts, good mags, good ammo, and spend 15 minutes cleaning it now and then, using the proper methods and CLP.

I agree 15 min's is all one needs, but its all about pride of ownership, I wouldnt spent 15 mins cleaning the roadster, because I want it to look nice, I worked hard for it, and it is worth something to me...I work hard for my firearms, and I want them to look nice, I dont care if I am the only one who see's them between range sessions...I like to look and them, and know they are flawless.

Quoted:

Explain how cleaning the deflector creates a finicky rifle?

Quoted:

This would depend on the value of the mower, I own a new Scag Turf Tiger, which I keep very clean, cleaning grit and grime off the engine and out of the radiator keeps it running cooler and promotes longer engine life, keeping the 61" mowing deck clean inhibits rust on the deck/spindils/pullies, springs ect.

I also have a POS eight yr old Snapper walk behind that I use for one small spot, I could care less about this mower, I sling it behind the shop, and throw a wheelbarrel over it...the difference is obvious, one has ran its course, the other I expect to last me a long time, so I treat it as such.

Quoted:
Like waxing a Jeep.  Wash it when you change the oil.

I have to straddle the fence here a little bit, but a 4x4 looks good covered in mud especially during the rainy hunting season...thats what it was designed for, I will on occasion go without cleaning my hunting truck or ATV for several days especially if I plan to go back out in the mud soon, but again, I cant leave it that way too long, I know it just promotes rust, and I work too hard for my toys to just let them rust.

Quoted:

Forget the appearence to others.
Know your rifle, and it's condition/ operability.

I never really worry about "others" nor do I try to impress anyone...It's all about pride of ownership to me.

Quoted:
Those that can accept wrinkled clothing, and a 2 day stubble as presentable and  adequate, have a gift.

Perfectly normal, on a week long hunt or similar situation, but I would expect you'd want to "clean up" after a few days...I cant feel good about myself, even sitting around the house in ratty clothing, ungroomed, and funky.  Why would ya?

Quoted:
I always clean my lawn mower

But I'm not AR enough to polish my chromed ratchet and socket set (too many of them, about 150+ sockets and 6 ratchet/torque wrenches) or wipe down my hammer.
There's got to be a balance!!

You hit the nail on the head...ratchets and sockets are inexpensive (at least mine are, I'm no mechanic, so mediocre tools are perfect for me) If I loose a ratchet, I'll pick up a new one next time I'm at Sears, no biggie...Kinda hard to compare a ratchet or a socket to a tricked out AR though.

Okay, well, if I rambled on too long, bite me, I gotta catch up with all you post freaks.  

~Crpdeth

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Crpdeth,

My neighbor has a Massey Ferguson that was bought new in 59'.

It has been through 5 internal rebuilds since then.

It ain't shiney new.

It gets steam cleaned after Fall harvest, and a hose job whenever coming in from the field.

It's a "Tool".

Just like wiping off the Ratchet, the rifle needs to be treated with respect.

There is a difference between honest use, and abuse.

Some obcess over appearence and ignore the substance.
Others obcess over the working parts and reliability, and take little consideration of the appearance.

Call me a plank holder of the second crowd.

A gorgeous woman in a ratty Dress with a little Mud on her cheek, and messed up hair is still gorgeous. If she ain't had a bath in the last 8 days that is another matter entirely!

Those that consider personal hygene and the proper hygene of their rifle have few problems.
If they get to the point of obcession, it gets to be a problem.

Battle rifles, Jeeps, trucks and tools all are the same.

Folks that respect them and keep them working concentrate on them working.

If time and motivation allow, a little lipstick and rouge are classic!

Keep the thing clean internally. Fuss over appearance when time allows.

S-28

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess I'm weird. I shoot often but keep my rifles as spotless as possible. I actually enjoy cleaning them, and will go after the brass marks every few cleanings. I own high quality AR's and take great care of them.

When I bought my lawnmower, I went cheap - used $500 Craftsman. I don't clean the deck unless it's got a lot of buildup, usually once a season. I just can't get excited about mowers, mowing, or maintaining a mower. If it rusts out, I'll find another cheap used POS. This one is going on 7 years with no signs of rust, and no problems despite my hatred of it and mowing in general. Damn piece of crap....  FWIW, I mow 2 acres. I just can't see spending big money on a mower.  Maybe I should change the oil this year... for the first time ever.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Crpdeth,
S-28

I agree, and as stated, mud on the 4x4's for a week dosen't bother me, neither would mud on the tractor you mentioned, thats what their made for...but there comes a time, when I have time and the intestinal fortitude to get the crap off!

But, just like my viehicles, and like you say, the internals are what really matters to me, the outside appearance is secondary...With that said, how long does it really take to spiff up the outside after putting 'er back together, you'll most likely have some lube wicking out into the surface that you can use to anyway.

Quoted:
Some obcess over appearence and ignore the substance.
Others obcess over the working parts and reliability, and take little consideration of the appearance.

And still others obsess over working parts and appearence, I wager these are owners of the most unambiguous, flawless firearms every pulled out of a safe.

Quoted:
Those that consider personal hygene and the proper hygene of their rifle have few problems.
If they get to the point of obcession, it gets to be a problem.

Okay, I'm open to this...But, how does it get to be a problem? I can think of alot worse things to be obsessed about than personal hygiene and a lustrate looking weapon.

Quoted:
A gorgeous woman in a ratty Dress with a little Mud on her cheek, and messed up hair is still gorgeous. If she ain't had a bath in the last 8 days that is another matter entirely!

But can you look at her at tell if she's had a bath in the last eight days? Thats the point, is her husband proud to be with her?  does he want to hold her...caress her? I too think my wife is georgous after working in the lawn half the day, but I'm sure glad she's headed to the shower!

Quoted:
If time and motivation allow, a little lipstick and rouge are classic!

AMEN, and always try to make time to finish the job!  

Quoted:
I own high quality AR's...

This may be the variance that dictates difference in opinion.

Quoted:
I actually enjoy cleaning them,

Again...I think this is a good point...many gun lovers do love their hobbies enough to dedicate time and effort to them, and actually injoy doing it.

Quoted:
I guess I'm weird.

Arn't we all.....

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I treat my '02 Corvette like the Garage Queen that she is.   Lot's of washing and cleaning, but no Q-tipping.

I treat the '02 Trans Am WS6 a bit more like the daily driver she is - it gets washed and cleaned regularly, but it will go a few days dirty when necessary.

My '04 GMC Envoy unfortunately has to sit in the driveway, so it stays dirty longer, but it's still cared for.   However, I won't impede it's function with over concern - if I need to offroad it, I will.  That's what it's for.

Believe it or not, most folks that know me would tell you I'm one of the most anal people they know.   I have 10 y/o couches that look brand new.  I don't wear shoes in the house.  I touch up paint the walls a couple times every year.

However, a rifle is a tool.   Who even looks closely enough to see the brass marks??

You want to clean your marks?  Fine, it's your time, your gun.  But it's not needed.

Better yet, just put some electrical tape on there and dispose when done.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

My culture sees a dull knife, and assigns a value of "Less than" to the owner.

Apples and Oranges.

A dull knife is an ABUSED tool.   A dull knife is dangerous.  That's more equivalent to having an AR-15 with a bad bolt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Wow, this is a lot of discourse over "brass mark cleaning".  I like this forum.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
However, a rifle is a tool.

This is a grey area if you ask me...My deer rifle is a tool, it enables me to harvest some groceries every year, as does my .22 rifle...Although I keep these clean, I dont pass out when I bruise the wood a little bit, My AR's are a little different, as is my 1911A1, and O/U skeet gun...these I consider my hobby pieces, none are "safe queens" they are all used very regularly for target practice, and they are my pride and joy.

Should my Ar's and my ol' .45 ever actually become the "tool" (lets hope that day never comes) it was designed to be, then I will agree, but right now they will be used for target practice...for fun, and there is nothing I enjoy more than pulling that slick, beautifull piece out of its case, looking like a brand new one.

Quoted:
Who even looks closely enough to see the brass marks??

Man, I do...Again, thats the point, I know that no one else is going to notice the care I take in a certain rifle, hell, they'd have to take it apart to see that deep, but I enjoy knowing my rifles are perfect in every respect... I guess guns are "my thing"  maybe you have other interests that take precedence over your time, I think everyone has something they are passionate about...or should, it makes life worth living.

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fine - it's your gun, do what you like, but WHY BOTHER?

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29397

Just what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Hate to bring this up Cuz so far this has been too much fun!!

All of us anal retentive freaks of nature(Who else checks into here?)  debating what the limit is and all...

If everyone fussed over the hygene of their rifle as they do their own Butthole, and spiffed up the outside of th package as we try to do our own mug, well...

We would all smell like chicks, our rifles would run like a symphony sounds, and we would all have a GQ cover photo.

Great debate.
Good folks that are dedicated.

I Reckon the balance is as personal as choice of underskivvies.

Just as long as it works, I aint gonna argue with you.
Even if I suspect you might be weird.

We can all tolerate our own stink for longer than others will admit they do not notice.
Our rifles are as human as we are.

Gotta love it!
S-28

P.S.
If anyone changes the rules on the matter at hand, I have a John Deer "B" and a bush hog dedicated to your genitals.
If that ain't enough, I have a Gay relative( Flaming Nellie Queen that Robin Williams would have trouble emulating!) with some friends that will hunt you down and do a painfull makeover that will highlight your cheekbones afterwards!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I think if most of you guys took a good look at your brass deflector.... then took a good look at your (insert garage/auto/toilet/mind/body/soul) you'd know which one to worry about cleaning up more.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:20:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

If everyone fussed over the hygene of their rifle as they do their own Butthole, and spiffed up the outside of th package as we try to do our own mug, well...

We would all smell like chicks, our rifles would run like a symphony sounds, and we would all have a GQ cover photo.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#43]
CLP and a nylon brush works for me.  I wipe the rifle down after every shooting session.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Falarak,

You snuck into my garage didn't YOU!!!!

All that gardening crap is the wifes!!!

You tell her to get it out of there!
I sure as heck ain't gonna!

S-28

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Im a clean freak.Ive been known to spend entirely too much time nit picking a weapon with Q-tips for long preiods of time.In fact the folks around me think Im nuts.But its a hobby for me.
So how many of you take your own gun cloth to the gunshop with you and wipe weapons down as you handle them...I do.I cant stand finger prints on blued guns drives me nuts.Guys at the gunshop love me.Ive been known to clean guns at the range for folks when they fail to function from lack of or no maintenance.I give more bottles of FP-10 away than I actually use because some folks do not realize a firearm needs a little oil.
And at MG shoots I loose my mind.When the line goes cold Im cleaning something.
My first rifle was given to me by my uncle when I was ten...uncle was retired Army.The rifle was a 03A3 and I was given a can of U.S.G.I. M2 ball surplus dated 1940's and a can of the same vintage U.S.G.I. bore cleaner...you know the black sewer pipe stinkin crap...Ive used so many cans of the stuff its a wonder I do not glow in the dark.My uncle inspected the weapon after cleaning and if it was not good enough I had to do it again.Follow up cleanings were done for three days after firing.So it was standard practice to clean well using nothin but a bore brush,tooth brush,q-tips,patches and tooth picks.Metal tools were not allowed and I would not dare to use one today.
So I developed a cleaning problem over the years that I cant get rid of.I even clean weapons that are clean...if they sit in the cabinet for a month they get a going over.I do my entire collection once a month regardless...takes about five hours and I call it entertainment.
The golden rule as I know it is "never let the sun set on a dirty rifle" inside or out.And "the weapon comes first,eating,rest and play comes after the weapon is taken care of."
Whats bad is Im passing the same trait onto my nephews.Im as bad as my uncle was but at least I will not pick up a rusty weapon.
As to the original question,the brass wipes right off my upper with a cloth soaked with FP-10.Its wiped off with each and every cleaning.I spit shine the rifle inside and out and I Q-tip the day lights out of it.
I will more than likely rub the finish off before the weapons wear out from use.But hey I feel good about it.
Thats why I like this forum.There are many like me and the topics are interesting.
Raymond
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I enjoied your post Blank:

It's good to hear that someone is obsessed more than myself...Cleaning a "clean firearm" is "above and beyond" in my opinion, but to those who consider "over kill gun cleaning" a waste of time, ask yourself an honest question, how much time do you waste drinking coffee in the morning, or watching T.V in the afternoon, sitting at the computer maybe?

A hobbie is not a hobbie unless you injoy it, there are those who love to target practice, but despise the cleaning process, in this sport those people would be well served to learn to injoy this process.

I would sure as heck rather have a meticulously cleaned collection, than a bunch of ratty looking pieces, while I sit and watch hours of T.V. every day.

~Crpdeth

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I use the watch T.V. and clean guns at the sametime technique.That way there is at least one goal accomplished while wasting time watching T.V..I do an initial cleaning at the range...come home and turn on the T.V. and detail clean.
Favorite T.V. shows that inspires gun cleaning for me is Gun Smoke and Combat.Been watching those programs since I was pooping in a diaper...they dont make shows like those anymore.
Am I strange or what?
But a man has to have convictions.
Being a single man I can do what I want,when I want and use as much Hoppe's #9 and Sweets in the living room as I want.Combine the scent of old #9,FP-10 and burnt gun powder and you have the all time favorite gun odor for a home.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top