Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/13/2006 5:34:05 AM EST
I have been searching the ATF website to find out what is involved to legally possess a SBR. But they don’t make finding the info too easy. Does anyone know what forms I need or how much the Tax stamp is? I am considering making my M4, with a 16- inch barrel, into a more correct M4 with a14.5- inch barrel.

P.S. this is more of a fishing expedition, if it’s too costly or a real hassle; I will just keep my rifle as is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:37:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 5:39:49 AM EST by mr_wilson]
Best to start out in the correct forum, reading the "tacked" threads.....

Here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:43:44 AM EST
Yer in Fla so IIRC yer fine to do it. What you need to do is find out if yer sheriff will sign off on the paperwork. If so you need to fill out a form 1. You can fill it out here, it's on the forms page and print it so that it prints on the front and back of one page. You need two copies of this. You will also need to fill out a copy of the certificate of compliance(citizenship form) and send that in with it as well. You will also have to submit a fingerprint card and two pics(which get attached to the form1)The tax is going to be $200. You will also have to send the lower off to have it engraved I did mine under an LLC so the company name went on it as far as being the "maker" for the engraving. But I think you'd jsut use yer name and city state. Someone else will have to verify that for you.

I don't think I missed anything so hope that helps.
Top Top