Nice! keep the gun. Lose the fishing vest
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Could be worse.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Its ok I guess... Maybe it could use a few more pockets though...

The gun isnt to bad

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle , however there isn't enough  combat tactical Dooo hickey's  hangin off  it for alot of folks around here.

Looks perfect to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice! keep the gun. Lose the fishing vest

Hey Now!!!...Dat Ain't No "Fish'in Vest" so...don't be pick'in on my Cabela's extreme hot weather "Safari Vest"....I Live in south florida..just a tad northeast of the everglades...that vest is 100% cotton and fully vented with a "cool mesh" liner...I figure that staying cool and hydrated might be an issue some day...but I'm hoping not. LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice rifle , however there isn't enough  combat tactical Dooo hickey's  hangin off  it for alot of folks around here.

Looks perfect to me.

I think "dooo hickey's" definately have their place...but they only enhance skills gained w/ a great simple rifle/carbine like that.  I like it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
FUZ1ON,

You've done your time in the field, and you know what you can and can't use.  If you are in the mood for an easy afternoon of fun and playing with things, and want a sling, see if this helps.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good to me. How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
FUZ1ON,

You've done your time in the field, and you know what you can and can't use.  If you are in the mood for an easy afternoon of fun and playing with things, and want a sling, see if this helps.

img69.imageshack.us/img69/9214/m4slingwithinfo0aq.th.jpg

7 words...

"Who Do I Send The Money Too?"

Or are you gonna force me to run all over hells 1/2 acre to find the materials and make me build my own?

Oh...and btw...Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
FUZ1ON,

img69.imageshack.us/img69/9214/m4slingwithinfo0aq.th.jpg

Hey, wait one minute.... That almost looks like my Specter Gear SOP sling?    
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Looks good to me. How's it shoot?

Haven't shot it yet but...got a case of Black Hills rolling in any day now and I'll be happy to letcha know real soon.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FUZ1ON,

img69.imageshack.us/img69/9214/m4slingwithinfo0aq.th.jpg</a>

7 words...

Or are you gonna force me to run all over hells 1/2 acre to find the materials and make me build my own?

Oh...and btw...Thanks!!!

Ask and you shall receive......

This is a mod off ggllggll's version, so credit needs to go where the idea started.  This is a slightly cheaper, and more basic version, which is what I have found to work better for me.  Your results my be different, and I strongly encourage people tp play around and find out what works best for themselves.

Starting with webbing, I went with the 2" instead of 1 1/2".  I've got plenty of slings, and wider is almost always better, or at least more comfortable for me.  In hindsight, the 2" sling when compared to others is a great idea (at least for me).  I believe I used Polypro, which ends up a bit softer.  Long term use has not been evaluated yet, but I don’t see any immediate concerns.  Remember that you will need one or two sections of 1” webbing (or ¾” if it makes you happier) to attach the main body of the sling to the weapon.  Two pieces if you aren’t running a sling mount off the Front Sight Base (FSB).

www.strapworks.com/polyprowebbing.html
2" Heavyweight Polypro Webbing......................$ .25/foot
1" Heavyweight Polypro Webbing......................$ .15/foot

www.strapworks.com/flatnylonwebbing.html
2" Flat nylon webbing ......................$ .45/foot
1" Flat nylon webbing ......................$ .25/foot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is the release buckles.  To mesh with the larger size webbing, I needed to go with the larger size release buckles.  The difference in size will only run you an extra 25 cents, so don’t worry about the price increase (we are also only using one, so you save $1.50).  I also went with only one of these instead of using two like the original plans called for.  Using one release buckle still allows you a quick release from your sling, and it seems to work at least as well, but with less complication on assembly and in use.  I could find no difference in sling function between the two different assembly methods (I built both).

www.strapworks.com/nylonsiderelease.html
2"Single Adjust Side Release Buckles……..$ 1.50

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we come to the 2” slide strap adjusters.  These are also slightly more expensive than their smaller siblings, but only by 10 cents a piece.  Much like the original plans, I used three of these for the 2” webbing portion.  

You will also need two more of these to fasten your main sling to the weapon.  If you are using a sling adaptor off the Front Sight Base (FSB), then you will only need one for the rear portion off the stock.

www.strapworks.com/nylonslidesloops.html
2” Slide strap adjusters………………………$.48
1” Slide strap adjusters………………………$.28

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
FUZ1ON,

img69.imageshack.us/img69/9214/m4slingwithinfo0aq.th.jpg</a>

7 words...

Oh...and btw...Thanks!!!

Ask and you shall receive......

This is a mod off ggllggll's version, so credit needs to go where the idea started.  This is a slightly cheaper, and more basic version, which is what I have found to work better for me.  Your results my be different, and I strongly encourage people tp play around and find out what works best for themselves.

www.strapworks.com/polypro1webbing.JPG
Starting with webbing, I went with the 2" instead of 1 1/2".  I've got plenty of slings, and wider is almost always better, or at least more comfortable for me.  In hindsight, the 2" sling when compared to others is a great idea (at least for me).  I believe I used Polypro, which ends up a bit softer.  Long term use has not been evaluated yet, but I don’t see any immediate concerns.  Remember that you will need one or two sections of 1” webbing (or ¾” if it makes you happier) to attach the main body of the sling to the weapon.  Two pieces if you aren’t running a sling mount off the Front Sight Base (FSB).

www.strapworks.com/polyprowebbing.html
2" Heavyweight Polypro Webbing......................$ .25/foot
1" Heavyweight Polypro Webbing......................$ .15/foot

www.strapworks.com/flatnylonwebbing.html
2" Flat nylon webbing ......................$ .45/foot
1" Flat nylon webbing ......................$ .25/foot

www.strapworks.com/SRB-SideReleasebuckle.jpg
Next up is the release buckles.  To mesh with the larger size webbing, I needed to go with the larger size release buckles.  The difference in size will only run you an extra 25 cents, so don’t worry about the price increase (we are also only using one, so you save $1.50).  I also went with only one of these instead of using two like the original plans called for.  Using one release buckle still allows you a quick release from your sling, and it seems to work at least as well, but with less complication on assembly and in use.  I could find no difference in sling function between the two different assembly methods (I built both).

www.strapworks.com/nylonsiderelease.html
2"Single Adjust Side Release Buckles……..$ 1.50

www.strapworks.com/WideMouthSlide.jpg
Now we come to the 2” slide strap adjusters.  These are also slightly more expensive than their smaller siblings, but only by 10 cents a piece.  Much like the original plans, I used three of these for the 2” webbing portion.  

You will also need two more of these to fasten your main sling to the weapon.  If you are using a sling adaptor off the Front Sight Base (FSB), then you will only need one for the rear portion off the stock.

www.strapworks.com/nylonslidesloops.html
2” Slide strap adjusters………………………$.48
1” Slide strap adjusters………………………$.28

img69.imageshack.us/img69/9214/m4slingwithinfo0aq.jpg

damn...I knew it...he's gonna make me build my own.

Just kidd'in man and thanks...I'll get ordering the materials tomorrow...one more question though...the only peeve I have (so far) with this Bushy Patrolmans Carbine is that it doesn't have the side-sling front...it's a standard under the barrel sling mount...now I don't wanna buy that silly looking "bolts through the front sight base" 2 piece pic rail but...in your picture there?...it appears there's some sort of "Clamps around the barrel between the barrel and front sight base" sort of fronts sight side sling mount...does anyone make that or is that integral of the front sight base/gas block?.....cause I'm a machinist and if anyone dosen't make that?...I'm gonna make one myself...btw...I've also been thinking about machining up some "Single Plane Dual Rear Peep Aperatures" as a direct replacement to the oem aperature...unless someone already makes those as well in which case I'd just buy one...or?...make about 1,000 of'em to sell off real cheap here..so..lemme know if ya know and...thanks again, Bill.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice rifle. Once you get that BH's you'll really like it
Am I alone in thinking that Stickman has to be about the most helpful guy in the AR community?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Bill,

There are plenty of people that make the side sling mount.  Rock River Arms makes one or two, as well as several other companies.  

As far as the online ordering, don't sell your surrounding area short.  Fabric shops, backpacking and outdoor supply places all usually have the parts needed.  Many of the hardware stores even carry the items.  

Here is a link off ADCO front side sling adaptor

Here is a link off Bravo Comany.......

Here is a picture off the RRA website that shows some of their sling adaptors.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Nice rifle. Once you get that BH's you'll really like it
Am I alone in thinking that Stickman has to be about the most helpful guy in the AR community?

I think he might be. He just gave me some photo pointers

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Both of you settle down before you ruin my reputation.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#20]

looks good!

mr stickman, kicka** work on the pics and sling variation, VERY slick

thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
The same sling works for other weapons as well......  this flip side of the FAL may show the overall layout and parts better.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Stickman...you're awesome helpful brother.....thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#23]
bump
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#24]

How am I doing so far?  

Lose the fishing vest and learn how to use the focus on your camera.

Besides that nice rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top