User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]

I like mine

: )

12.5 barrel chronos at an average of 2570 with 69 GR .223 SMKs from DefenderAmmo. That's ammo thats supposed to be going around 2630 out of a 16 inch barrel per their website. I'd say thats pretty good. Wolf gold shot well, although I have an underpowered lot for sure. Same ammo that was giving me around 2750 FPS from this gun was also giving me right around 2800 on my old 14.5 Colt SOCOM.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Niceee, Great looking blaster!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like mine

12.5 barrel chronos at an average of 2570 with 69 GR .223 SMKs from DefenderAmmo. That's ammo thats supposed to be going around 2630 out of a 16 inch barrel per their website. I'd say thats pretty good. Wolf gold shot well, although I have an underpowered lot for sure. Same ammo that was giving me around 2750 FPS from this gun was also giving me right around 2800 on my old 14.5 Colt SOCOM.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815396442834731021/834555876350099456/Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_6.26.27_PM.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815396442834731021/834555869202481182/Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_6.26.11_PM.png
View Quote

That's nice.  Do you know someone in the company to get those parts, or did you gather it all yourself and have it cerakoted?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

...While I'm sure the hodge stuff is nice, I think the followers buy into the chase more than the product. And that's fine.  Scarcity can drive demand...
View Quote

I have been interested in Hodge stuff since it came out but after listening to an interview the owner did, I came to same conclusion as you.  

100% quality product but I’m just not the market.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I like mine

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815396442834731021/834555876350099456/Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_6.26.27_PM.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815396442834731021/834555869202481182/Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_6.26.11_PM.png
View Quote

Roughly my experience with my Hodge 12.5”.  I only lose 125-150fps from an 18”. It’s impressive.

Still need to compare chrono data with my 14.5” Hodge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
-snip
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Just need to get a scope on her and swap out the grip...

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Gathered all the parts and had it built by D-Wilson and Roman Arms (official Hodge cerakote shop). It was a lot of fun and frustration. Built relatively fast compared to others, fortunately.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Roughly my experience with my Hodge 12.5”.  I only lose 125-150fps from an 18”. It’s impressive.

Still need to compare chrono data with my 14.5” Hodge.
View Quote

Yep. Plus it’s accurate too. My zero shots were stacked in a nice group (wolf gold)
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's nice.  Do you know someone in the company to get those parts, or did you gather it all yourself and have it cerakoted?
View Quote

Gathered all the parts and had it built by D-Wilson and Roman Arms (official Hodge cerakote shop). It was a lot of fun and frustration. Built relatively fast compared to others, fortunately.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It turned out badass! What are the colors you used?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It turned out badass! What are the colors you used?
View Quote

Lot of custom colors that I didn't really ask about but the base 3 colors are E-190 20150 federal standard brown, M17 Coyote Tan, and Elite Earth. All colors were E-series cerakote. If you want something similar, ask for "Hodgeflauge" and let them do their thing. It turns out amazing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody got the hook up on some takedown pins?  It’s the only Hodge parts I’m missing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]
anyone ran a kac nt4 or qdc can on their 12.5's?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Proven, repeatable velocities of common off the shelf 855 . . .
View Quote

Proven, repeatable velocities of two different lots of common, off the shelf M855, chronographed from five different Colt barrels.

….
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Black Hills  MK262

View Quote

Black Hills MK262 chronographed from three different Colt barrels.

….
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hodge: At what point and time can we just allow someone to buy something that they can actually afford and then learn from it on their own journey? Wouldn’t it be cool if we could then help that person on their journey with meaningful data and meaningful support, rather than saying, “Yo, dude, your gun sucks compared to mine.”
View Quote
View Quote

And yet, Mr Hodge himself, refuses to provide any actual data about “his” barrels.  For example, I have yet to see him provide any actual comparative data on the effect that the ring of triangular shaped “flutes” in the chamber of his barrel have on pressure, velocity, accuracy, reliability or durability.

….
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice set-ups! Bro!
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And yet, Mr Hodge himself, refuses to provide any actual data about “his” barrels.  For example, I have yet to see him provide any actual comparative data on the effect that the ring of triangular shaped “flutes” in the chamber of his barrel have on pressure, velocity, accuracy, reliability or durability.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/hodge_barrel_borescope_02_cropped_resize-1334815.jpg

….
View Quote

The Bolt Carrier Groups he affixes his name onto are so out of spec that the hodge fan boys are dumping them left and right very very quietly. You wont hear that from them, though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Bolt Carrier Groups he affixes his name onto are so out of spec that the hodge fan boys are dumping them left and right very very quietly. You wont hear that from them, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/hodge_barrel_borescope_02_cropped_resize-1334815.jpg

….

Any evidence to this claim?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#22]
The latest batch were made with non-chrome lined gas keys but were toleranced for chrome lining, resulting in a large, out of spec gas key. Normally this would be a meh whatever thing, but when you're touting perfect tolerances and then pairing it with a barrel requiring a very efficient gas system things begin to not work at all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Any evidence to this claim?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

….

Not to be that guy, but that’s quite a first post. Full disclosure, I do have a hodge upper but I’m not a blind follower.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Go gauge your new run Non-Azimuth OEM BCG. The Gas Key will not pass. For a company that prides itself on tolerances and built right and also tried hard to appear not as a cult it would be in their best interest to get in front of this one. Having to reinstall a gas key on a $190 BCG for most guys requiring a MOACKS tool is not a simple task. The problem is not earth shattering but not getting in front of it and hiding the problem seems like thats just furthering the cult like mentality.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go gauge your new run Non-Azimuth OEM BCG. The Gas Key will not pass. For a company that prides itself on tolerances and built right and also tried hard to appear not as a cult it would be in their best interest to get in front of this one. Having to reinstall a gas key on a $190 BCG for most guys requiring a MOACKS tool is not a simple task. The problem is not earth shattering but not getting in front of it and hiding the problem seems like thats just furthering the cult like mentality.
View Quote

Have these people reached out to Jim? I guarantee he would make it right.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Just checked mine against 2 Sionics and a phosphate FCD and it is very slightly looser.  I only have a gas tube to check, no gas key gauge though, so take for what it is.  It's an easy enough fix for me, I have quite a few OCKS and a MOACKS on hand.  Jim Hodge and, more than likely, the vendor you bought it from will take care of you if you reach out.

Not to be that guy, but that’s quite a first post.
View Quote

Something about HDSI gets people riled up.  Most of the issues that people seem to have with HDSI are misunderstandings/misinformation from customers, not HDSI itself.  Jim has done several interviews and people either don't read them or only focus on one part that they disagree with and blow it out of proportion.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#28]
It's a reliability issue and not a CS problem, which is bad.

Not an easy fix when it's supposed to work right from the start. Easy would be an instant part replacement teleported. But since that tech hasn't been invented yet the problem still remains concerning.

Quite honestly if there's a problem or questions to be answered, I hate as much as the next honest person to be eating our own but it should not be watered down by anyone.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#29]
This here's the problemo man, you taking it upon yourself to fix something that shouldnt have ever have been an issue. Seemingly this has become a trend. We had to file our Mod 2 lowers to drop mags free, "just a quick simple fix, shut up about it." his secret squirrel 12.5 barrels were sold with a gigantic gas port and not advertised as such until called out. and atop all that, he now has a squad of members on fb that will seek out anyone caught selling his products second hand for more than they paid for and they will blacklist said member from vendors that the hodge products are sold at.

the amount of drama following this company just seems absurd, and very cultish.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This here's the problemo man, you taking it upon yourself to fix something that shouldnt have ever have been an issue. Seemingly this has become a trend. We had to file our Mod 2 lowers to drop mags free, "just a quick simple fix, shut up about it." his secret squirrel 12.5 barrels were sold with a gigantic gas port and not advertised as such until called out. and atop all that, he now has a squad of members on fb that will seek out anyone caught selling his products second hand for more than they paid for and they will blacklist said member from vendors that the hodge products are sold at.

View Quote

So actively trying to stop people from buying product just to gouge people on the second hand market is "Cultists". The vendor that carry these products make it openly known if your only interest is to flip product, your order may be canceled. They are actually trying to help people who want to buy and use the products and not get ripped off for it so that makes them a Cult?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

You had a Mod 2 that wouldn’t drop mags? Was it a AiLi or the newer version released?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Im diggin my Hodgedog

The Plock and Slock are awesome, the 14.5 hodge barrel has been good but I haven’t reached fanboy status from it,
I’d be just as happy with any other good barrel from centurion, criterion, etc.
I never really cared for the receivers or bcg and wouldn’t put any effort into finding either,
Although if a set were to fall in my lap I’d probably get it.

Some nice looking rifles in this thread!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Im diggin my Hodgedog

https://i.imgur.com/xJ7buoe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6d2eaEO.jpg

The Plock and Slock are awesome, the 14.5 hodge barrel has been good but I haven’t reached fanboy status from it,
I’d be just as happy with any other good barrel from centurion, criterion, etc.
I never really cared for the receivers or bcg and wouldn’t put any effort into finding either,
Although if a set were to fall in my lap I’d probably get it.

Some nice looking rifles in this thread!
View Quote

Great looking guns. I am with you on the best hodge components - rails are #1, and worth the effort (though maybe not the absurd secondary market prices). Barrels are a close second, but mine doesn't shoot MK262 really any better than my colt SOCOM. If it maintains performance for twice as long, hey that would be cool but only time will tell.

I don't really see the point of tracking down hodge uppers when there are lots of other good spec thermal fit uppers, and I have the same opinion on lowers as well. But man those handguards feel good to hold, minimize deflection, and have a great barrel nut install system.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So actively trying to stop people from buying product just to gouge people on the second hand market is "Cultists". The vendor that carry these products make it openly known if your only interest is to flip product, your order may be canceled. They are actually trying to help people who want to buy and use the products and not get ripped off for it so that makes them a Cult?
View Quote

But what if you decide to sell after usage, and the current market pricing due to lack of supply and increase in demand is....higher that normal (*gasp*)? You should suddenly be blacklisted for following the current market value then? am not talking flipping, but talking about someone who may just want to sell a hodge part for whatever reason.

they are cultists for far more reasons. the fact that in their minds jim can only produce perfect items (while not even being actively involved in the qc process anymore) while actively stopping the spread of information regarding shitty products getting to end users is more than enough reason to call them cultists. yes, a gas key that is .001-.002 out of spec is not gonna get you killed in the streets it is going to cause major issues when you are running a barrel with a gas port already on the bleeding edge of working anyways. he needs to address these issues.

many of us got the latest run of mod 2 receivers that wouldnt drop pmags free. jim himself showed people where they needed to file the receiver to make them work.

the rails are cool. most if not all of his parts are cool. the titanium/grey anodizing he does seems to look really cool (but seems to be impossible to get). but he needs to work out bugs and his community needs to stop acting like a bunch of clowns.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But what if you decide to sell after usage, and the current market pricing due to lack of supply and increase in demand is....higher that normal (*gasp*)? You should suddenly be blacklisted for following the current market value then? am not talking flipping, but talking about someone who may just want to sell a hodge part for whatever reason.

they are cultists for far more reasons. the fact that in their minds jim can only produce perfect items (while not even being actively involved in the qc process anymore) while actively stopping the spread of information regarding shitty products getting to end users is more than enough reason to call them cultists. yes, a gas key that is .001-.002 out of spec is not gonna get you killed in the streets it is going to cause major issues when you are running a barrel with a gas port already on the bleeding edge of working anyways. he needs to address these issues.

many of us got the latest run of mod 2 receivers that wouldnt drop pmags free. jim himself showed people where they needed to file the receiver to make them work.

the rails are cool. most if not all of his parts are cool. the titanium/grey anodizing he does seems to look really cool (but seems to be impossible to get). but he needs to work out bugs and his community needs to stop acting like a bunch of clowns.
View Quote

Strange, I have had correspondence with Jim and he has never co e off in any strange way..
I am a member of one of groups on Facebook, an I don't see anyone acting like you say they act. Actually the people that follow FCD are way worse.

I have dealt with the vendors that carry his products and they have always been very helpful and courteous toward me.

And they don't blacklist people that are trying to sell parts, they go after people that flip parts, and make it hard for people to get parts. I have seen them help others in finding stuff up. Interesting that you bash them when I see the totally different group.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Strange, I have had correspondence with Jim and he has never co e off in any strange way..
I am a member of one of groups on Facebook, an I don't see anyone acting like you say they act. Actually the people that follow FCD are way worse.

I have dealt with the vendors that carry his products and they have always been very helpful and courteous toward me.

And they don't blacklist people that are trying to sell parts, they go after people that flip parts, and make it hard for people to get parts. I have seen them help others in finding stuff up. Interesting that you bash them when I see the totally different group.
View Quote

I'm in that FCD group. Some of them are indeed toxic, but not all of them are like that. just like here or anywhere else there will always be wheat to separate from the chaff. But some of those guys are helpful and there are dealers that help with parts.

Recently I just saw a post where a member asked to borrow the SOTAR recommended block and he would pay for shipping both ways. Instead, he got a bunch of guys willing to chip in and help pay for it, and not taking no for an answer.

In the past, a purple heart and silver star recipient that was down on his luck and had to sell almost everything he had gun wise, got a free rifle hookup.

Then there was the time some guys wanted a member's daughter to have an awesome rifle, so they hooked him up as well with their spares.

When Rooftop Defense burned down, the owner said it was his fault and didn't ask for help. The guys said F that, we're donating money anyways because you're a class act and have helped them out in the past with parts.

I recently ranted about the damn hoarders hoarding every EPC they could find, and flexing it to make people mad on purpose. Roger contacted me directly and was going to release one way ahead of the planned drop. Maybe I should have ranted instead about the NP3 SBCG instead that @Nutro has promised to help locate for me, instead

It's not a perfect group,, but where else will I get subject matter experts like Ash Hess on zeroes, or Jason Seehafer in regards to weapon lights? Even here on arf, we have Molon and a few others that are treasure troves of info. I'll take some of that toxicity if it means I still get to be educated or know that good people still exist.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm in that FCD group. Some of them are indeed toxic, but not all of them are like that. just like here or anywhere else there will always be wheat to separate from the chaff. But some of those guys are helpful and there are dealers that help with parts.

Recently I just saw a post where a member asked to borrow the SOTAR recommended block and he would pay for shipping both ways. Instead, he got a bunch of guys willing to chip in and help pay for it, and not taking no for an answer.

In the past, a purple heart and silver star recipient that was down on his luck and had to sell almo0st everything he had gun wise, got a free rifle hookup.

Then there was the time some guys wanted a member's daughter to have an awesome rifle, so they hooked him up as well with their spares.

When Rooftop Defense burned down, the owner said it was his fault and didn't ask for help. The guys said F that, we're donating money anyways because you're a class act and have helped them out in the past with parts.

I recently ranted about the damn hoarders hoarding every EPC they could find, and flexing it to make people mad on purpose. Roger contacted me directly and was going to release one way ahead of the planned drop. Maybe I should have ranted instead about the NP3 SBCG instead that @Nutro has promised to help locate for me, instead

It's not a perfect group,, but where else will I get subject matter experts like Ash Hess on zeroes, or Jason Seehafer in regards to weapon lights? Even here on arf, we have Molon and a few others that are treasure troves of info. I'll take some of that toxicity if it means I still get to be educated or know that good people still exist.
View Quote

Haha dude! I didn't forget and I might actually have a lead on one. Let me do some digging. I pretty much quit AR stuff and went back to automotive stuff. I haven't been keeping up with any of the FB stuff.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Haha dude! I didn't forget and I might actually have a lead on one. Let me do some digging. I pretty much quit AR stuff and went back to automotive stuff. I haven't been keeping up with any of the FB stuff.
View Quote

Standing by to standby.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

oh i am aware, you just choose to see them in a certain way.

still doesnt change the fact that jim is producing a product that needs a fix immediately, has not addresssed it, and continually lets his buddy shit talk to any of the naysayers online. specifically referring to FB.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

oh i am aware, you just choose to see them in a certain way.

still doesnt change the fact that jim is producing a product that needs a fix immediately, has not addresssed it, and continually lets his buddy shit talk to any of the naysayers online. specifically referring to FB.
View Quote

Share all your proof, where are the Facebook claims?
Let's see your correspondence with him about your lower and the BCG
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

So who sold you the out of spec BCG, OP Tactical? Rooftop Defense? Big Tex? Weapons Outfitters? Or ODS? Those are a stand up companies in the industry. Which one is lying for Jim and hiding known issues.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the FCD mods, name not mentioned because it's the internet, is always there to defend precious. I'm being fictitious with the precious quip but he does act like it. He tried stomping on me when I said that his barrels are made for him using his specs by FNH. I'd like to know which part of that was wrong, SMH.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I really like my Hodge 12.5 upper.  The .0625 port is great.  The pinch lock rail is bombproof and the feel in the hand is amazing.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So who sold you the out of spec BCG, OP Tactical? Rooftop Defense? Big Tex? Weapons Outfitters? Or ODS? Those are a stand up companies in the industry. Which one is lying for Jim and hiding known issues.
View Quote

hahahaha, drg built a out of specs bcg is what had happened and jim is not involved with any qc process. i wouldnt put any of this on the vendors, this is 100% jimbos problem. take your head out of the sand and go peruse any of the major groups on facebook.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

hahahaha, drg built a out of specs bcg is what had happened and jim is not involved with any qc process. i wouldnt put any of this on the vendors, this is 100% jimbos problem. take your head out of the sand and go peruse any of the major groups on facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bcg is a simple fix IMO, send back and have the right key put on it, which I’m sure Jim would have done. The Mod 2 lowers would be a problem because it’s not like he has X amount laying around that he can just replace. But I’ll ask you again….you have a mod 2 lower? Any of his venders would let you return it if it’s out of spec…so did you?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I totally have changed my views on all of this stuff. Initially my buddy pointed me to Hodge. Everyone was trying to buy his stuff and there was this feeling that it was something hard to obtain. I finally scored everything to build the upper, barrel, gas block, upper receiver, pinch lock hand guard, and bolt carrier. All of which was purchased at normal MSRP pricing.

I read into all the stuff online about Hodge and really liked his stance and philosophy of making things as great as could be.

Recently I read his interview where he hopes people aren't pushing the “Ive got this and you don't, you cant even buy this if you wanted to”.

His stuff might be over hyped. It may be some of the higher end things you can acquire on the market right now.

There is no reason for anyone to shit on anyone.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#49]

$12 for a cotter pin? You people love to burn cash for nothin lol
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Supposedly its best to get that damn pin so the silent buffer system is easily removable. Otherwise they suggest you run no buffer retainer.

That build is over the top, but oil field money bro.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top