Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 9:12:38 PM EDT
I just ordered an RRA U.S. Government marked lower receiver (woohoo!) and for the upper that's being built for me (RRA also) it will have a 15" stainless barrell (sounds odd I know, just go with me here) and standard 7" A2 style hand guards.  Now what I want to do is get LaRue's 9" handguards, take off the front sight post and put a low profile gas block (probably a Larue also, I hear nothing but outstanding things about them) and then get a flip up front sight.  Has anyone else out there done anything like this?  If so, how do you like it?  Is it an assinine idea or something feasable?  
Thanks for any and all feedback...this will be my first privately owned AR too. Damon
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What you propose is a violation of NFA 1934.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good, but don't forget to thread that bad boy and weld on flash supressor
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It will have a permanent A2 FH on it, I should have specified that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW...I was mainly interested in opinions on the set up I'm configuring.
Thanks anyway I guess.

D
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I see no point in pulling the FSB to install a flipup.  Is there a reason you want to do this?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Mainly I like the look of having the 9" rail on it, and I want to be able to mount a Surefire as (safely) close to the muzzle brake as possible.  Asthetics mainly I guess, I like the all-rail, no-fsb look.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mainly I like the look of having the 9" rail on it, and I want to be able to mount a Surefire as (safely) close to the muzzle brake as possible.  Asthetics mainly I guess, I like the all-rail, no-fsb look.

Ok, just wondering.  I'm so used to the FSB that I would be lost without it....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top