Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 6:45:31 PM EDT
I did a "30 Day" Search on this w/no results. What's a good quality lower or kit to buy if your funds are limited? IOW, a "Best Buy"!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA kit works great for me. $57 from Legal Transfers.  CMMG has DPMS kits for $59.95. Both are excellent to deal with and sell quality parts.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
ID, Thanks for the reply. What about a good, inexpensive lower receiver? acr
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget J&T.  They are also supporters of AR15.com.

I have used one of their lower kits, they claim "colt" parts in the kit.  I saw no reason to doubt that claim after inspecting the parts in the kit.

They were even nice enough to throw in a couple extra springs and detents, you know- those little buggers that grow legs and run off and hide.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ID, Thanks for the reply. What about a good, inexpensive lower receiver? acr
View Quote

On a budget, I'd get either the DPMS from [url]cmmginc.com[/url] they are great recievers, or the Stinger which you can find in the Equipment Exchange section here, it's $95, I believe.  CMMG also has good parts kits for the lowers, too.  I've put one together, they are good quality.  Both J&T (AR15.com sponsors) and M&A have good service as well.

TS
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sold on RRA.  Superior fit and finish in my mind.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, don't forget the Eagle Arms lowers from Quantico Arms, $100 a pop...I just drove down last week and picked up 2...I think they were starting to run low, but you might be able to snag one before they're gone for the time being.  

Also, if you have a C&R license, pop it over to Brownell's...you can get the DPMS lower parts kit there for $44.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
cant go wrong with J&T.  dont even put their kits in the same catagory as model 1 and M&A. J&T is good stuff and good people.

i have purchased 2 barrels from CMMG and i couldnt be more pleased with the service i recieved. i would not hesitate to purchase from them either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top