Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:24:47 PM EDT
(I apologize for the poor quality in advance.)

Bought this barrel new in 1999, attached to a PWA lower.
It's a 20" stainless, 1/8 twist, heavy barrel.  I thought it was an Armalite because of the brake, but I have no idea.  But the stamping has me wondering.

SS
W
1/8

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Olympic stamps their barrels like that...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 olympic
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That's not an Olympic stamp.   Look on top of the barrel just in front of the FSB and see what it says.   The "W" to me would indicate Wilson.   All of the Wilson barrels that I have had throug my hands were marked with the "W"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's not an Olympic stamp.   Look on top of the barrel just in front of the FSB and see what it says.   The "W" to me would indicate Wilson.   All of the Wilson barrels that I have had throug my hands were marked with the "W"

See, I was thinking Wilson, too.  

This barrel stays with my parents, so I don't get to use it much since I've moved out.  Heck, two weeks ago was my first time holding it in 2 years!

I've just never seen a Wilson SS barrel.

Also, are most Stainless barrels 1/8?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Stainless is they only kind of Wilson barrel I have ever had in my shop.  The probably make CM barrels as well, I just haven't seen them.

Wilson makes many twists.  I don't know if they still make the 1:10 but they did for a while.  I know they make 1:9 and 1:8.  I have a 1:8 Wilson in the shop right now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Olympic does stamp their barrels with SS and twist, but I've never seen a specific Olympic barrel stamped exactly like that.  Most are forward of the FSB and a bit neater than that particular stamping.  Not saying it isn't Olympic, just that it isn't consistent with the Olympic stamping I am used to seeing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
This is awesome.  So NOONE can say for certain?  

I appreciate all the feedback/input, honestly.  This site has so much knowledge, its crazy!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Olympic does stamp their barrels with SS and twist, but I've never seen a specific Olympic barrel stamped exactly like that.  Most are forward of the FSB and a bit neater than that particular stamping.  Not saying it isn't Olympic, just that it isn't consistent with the Olympic stamping I am used to seeing.

Olympic never marks their barrels where this one is marked and they don't use the "W"   Wilson does.   Oly marks their barrels in front of the FSB and mark the blanks closer to the breach than this one.  Furthermore, Oly doesn't make a SS barrel in that profile.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Now I wish I had closeups of the upper receiver, since it could be a Wilson, RRA, or maybe even Armalite.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top