Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:53:24 PM EDT
I know this is asked many times but- I am tired of playing dress up with my AR, I now able to spend money on name brand gear and want to start with a tactal light.  I want something slim, but bright.  Right now I have a 30$ light I bought from cheaper than dirt, it has a pressure switch that work only when it wants to, so I am not too fond of the whole pressure switch option, what else is out their?  I don't mind spend around 80$ for the light, and I will purchase a new mount if I must but please include pics and some cheaper options if possible.  Also I plan to buy a Laser in the near future, buying a combo is a option but I would like to keep them seprate if possible.  I have a Bushmaster AR 16 inch barrel flat top, collasable stock, I put flip up front and rear irons and a front gas block, I will have a picture up shortly, I hope.
Thanks in advance
Icon
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A decent light costs almost $300....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get a Pentagon X2 or X3 for under a 100.00.  You can always get a 1" weaver ring mount for about $8.00 or a Viking Tactics mount for about $20.00

Search this forum.  I think you will find a few pics.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#5]
For us weekend warriors I second the Pentagon light suggestion. If I had to use my AR to protect my house from looters/zombies/scientologists this set-up is durable enough and a good value cost wise.

My cousin is in and out of Kuwait and Iraq and he is seeing more and more in use without any major complaints.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top