Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:03:57 PM EDT
I just bought a aimpoint T1/larue mount off EE that was used. On my first outing with it today I flicked it on and noticed the dot didnt show up. I batted it on the side and it showed up. So I shot a few rounds and the dot would go on and off with the recoil.

WTF is going on? I know Ive heard this in regards to certain models on occasion but I dont much trust something like this on my main rifle
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
First try taking the battery cover off and making sure there is nothing messed up (or loose) in the battery compartment. The CR2032 snapped in pretty tight, it had IIRC 6 or so little "graboids" that hooked on the rim of the battery, so it could be that its not all the way in.

Next, put the battery back in, and then tighten the cap down nice and tight. Its a very snug fit with the rubber O-ring, so you definitely have to use a good solid coin (like a quarter) to tighten it down. I have heard a couple of instances where the battery cover not being on completely led to the dot flickering.

You can try a new battery too, but check to make sure its all nice and tight, first.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First try taking the battery cover off and making sure there is nothing messed up (or loose) in the battery compartment. The CR2032 snapped in pretty tight, it had IIRC 6 or so little "graboids" that hooked on the rim of the battery, so it could be that its not all the way in.

Next, put the battery back in, and then tighten the cap down nice and tight. Its a very snug fit with the rubber O-ring, so you definitely have to use a good solid coin (like a quarter) to tighten it down. I have heard a couple of instances where the battery cover not being on completely led to the dot flickering.

You can try a new battery too, but check to make sure its all nice and tight, first.

Ill give that a try

Is this a common problem?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
This is not a common problem.  If the battery jiggled loose due to a lose battery compartment door, then maybe.  But if the battery compartment isn't loose, and the battery is fresh (replace it, it is only $1),  than you may need to get it repaired if those things don't fix it.

What happens most often is when people own Aimpoints, they tend to leave the optic on all the time for years.  That wears down the battery over 3-4 years, assuming the battery was new to begin with.

Let us know how it works when you replace the battery and snug the battery cover.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
New battery, make sure contacts are clean and the battery cap is tight.  If it still happens with a fresh battery, send it in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just bought a aimpoint T1/larue mount off EE that was used. On my first outing with it today I flicked it on and noticed the dot didnt show up. I batted it on the side and it showed up. So I shot a few rounds and the dot would go on and off with the recoil.

WTF is going on? I know Ive heard this in regards to certain models on occasion but I dont much trust something like this on my main rifle

Call 703-263-9795 X223 and ask for John.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Stretch415, Please let us know what your solution ends up being. I have my heart set on a new T-1 in the future but I hope this will not be a common problem, I am already some what sceptical of the durability of the micro compared to the bigger versions. Hope it's a simple fix for ya!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stretch415, Please let us know what your solution ends up being. I have my heart set on a new T-1 in the future but I hope this will not be a common problem, I am already some what sceptical of the durability of the micro compared to the bigger versions. Hope it's a simple fix for ya!

Will do. Ive heard about it with the other models also(not the M4 or M4s though) but have not experienced it with past models.

Hopefully its nothing more than a bad connection although IMO its a bit to new to give any type of problems.

Makes me second guess getting rid of the TA31F
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I have heard of the battery compartment being loose a few times before. Like I said, its tough to screw down since its tight with the rubber seal, so make sure its tightened down nice and good.

If that doesn't fix it, then its definitely not right. My T1 has functioned fine on my Benelli M4 and my HK USC with no flickering at all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The battery cap of the Micro has a very dense O-ring in it to maintain it’s water proof seal. Because of this dense material the cap needs to be tightened down. Most people have a hard time holding the switch and tightening the cap, but if you get a good hold of it you will probably get about a quarter turn more out of it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#10]
An Aimpoint with a problem - oh noes!  

Love,

An EOTech User
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill give that a try

Is this a common problem?

Yes. The battery compartment does not come tightened down from the factory. Mine did the same thing. Tighten it down with a quarter and your good to go.

FWIW, the switch on the T1 is much more durable than the M2/M3.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Took a look at it last night and got at least a full turn or 2 out of the battery cap until it snugged up. Gave it a few foot hits with my hand and it didn't flicker like it was before. Appears to have fixed the issue.

That was easy haha
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:11:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dude, did you get EMP'd?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, did you get EMP'd?

Was my first thought but my ACOG reticle and map still worked
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Love,

An EOTech User

There is nothing wrong with his sight smart guy.  The battery cap just wasn't tightened down.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Love,

An EOTech User

There is nothing wrong with his sight smart guy.  The battery cap just wasn't tightened down.

Ya' think?  Try Googling "satire".

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Love,

An EOTech User

There is nothing wrong with his sight smart guy. The battery cap just wasn't tightened down.

Ya' think? Try Googling "satire".

I completely missed your sarcasm on that one. Off to the coffee pot I go........

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#18]
With Aimpoints... most problems are user induced... With EOtech... there EO induced.....

Hey HeavyDuty.. make sure you catch the "My EO reticle appears dim" thread above this one........

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top