Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2004 4:38:11 PM EST
I got the taper pins out of the sight, but the sight still will not move. Is it supposed to move easily or am I supposed to hammer on it? I don't want to bend the front sight up. Thanks for your help! (This is a Bushmaster ultralight barrel)
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:48:38 PM EST
I had this problem a few weeks ago with a BM barrel. I sprayed some WD40 on it.

A few, very light taps from a small rubber mallet will make it budge just a hair. Then you can just wriggle it off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:01:30 PM EST
I tried some WD40. I think I will wait until morning and then tap on it some more. I tried tapping on it but it wouldn't budge. Maybe in the morning it will be a little easier.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:37:02 AM EST
I got the thing off, but it was very tight. I had to knock it off slowly with a hammer, I placed some cloth on the sight so that I didn't mar it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:02:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 11:02:55 AM EST by mongo001]
Glad you got it off.

First off, penetrating oil is always a good first option. My second option is this big long punch. I give the tough ones a few taps with a hammer to break the sight loose and complete the job with a rubber mallet. The long punch isn't necessary, as you could use a short one, but it keeps the hammer head comfortably away from my hand.

Top Top